About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other NY Regents integrated algebra prep work.
- Identify the algebraic linear equations and inequalities concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents integrated algebra tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about algebraic linear equations and inequalities and earn passing scores on the exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to write and solve linear equations, or any other algebraic linear equations and inequalities topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves struggling to prepare for the NY Regents integrated algebra test
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in preparing for the NY Regents integrated algebra test
- Don't have access to NY Regents integrated algebra study materials
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about algebraic linear equations and inequalities simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about algebraic linear equations and inequalities on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define linear equations.
- Understand how to write linear equations.
- Learn how to solve linear equations.
- Solve linear equations that have literal coefficients.
- Define systems of equations.
- Understand how to use systems of equations.
- Solve systems of equations that have two unknowns.
- Be able to solve problems that have systems of equations.
- Explain what an inequality is.
- Learn how to solve linear inequalities.
1. What is a Linear Equation?
Most cars won't be able to run for more than 250,000 miles, so how much longer will your car live? Linear Equations are the most basic kind of algebraic function and can help you answer questions exactly like this. Learn about what they look like, how they come up in your life and why they are powerful tools.
2. How to Write a Linear Equation
Simply knowing how to take a linear equation and graph it is only half of the battle. You should also be able to come up with the equation if you're given the right information.
3. Solving Linear Equations: Practice Problems
With practice, linear equations can be straightforward to solve. In this lesson, we'll define linear equations and learn how to solve them. We'll look at multiple practice problems and walk through solving each one.
4. Solving Linear Equations with Literal Coefficients
In this lesson, we'll literally learn about literal coefficients. We'll look at how to solve linear equations that contain literal coefficients and practice solving several problems.
5. Problem solving using Linear Equations
From sale prices to trip distances, many real life problems can be solved using linear equations. In this lesson, we'll practice translating word problems into linear equations, then solving the problems.
6. What is a System of Equations?
So what happens if we want to compare more than one equation? Welcome to a 'system' of equations! Learn what one is, how to solve them and when they come up in real life.
7. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
There are a few classic algebra word problems, such as the one about two trains traveling at different speeds. In this lesson, you'll learn how to take a word problem and convert it into the system of equations that will allow you to find the answer using either substitution or elimination.
8. Solving a System of Equations with Two Unknowns
When you have two variables and two equations, is solving the problem four times as hard? No! Not when you use the substitution or elimination method to solve systems of equations. We'll practice both in this lesson.
9. Solving Problems Involving Systems of Equations
Did you ever encounter a problem where you seem to have lots of information, but still have a couple of critical numbers missing? In this lesson, we'll practice solving word problems that require us to set up systems of equations.
10. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
11. Solving Linear Inequalities: Practice Problems
Linear inequalities may look intimidating, but they're really not much different than linear equations. In this lesson, we'll practice solving a variety of linear inequalities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Percents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Radical Expressions & Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Algebraic Expressions and Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Distributing Terms in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Factoring with Variables: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Calculations with Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Sets: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Well-Known Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Intro to Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution