About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other geometry work.
- Identify the analytical geometry concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand for the NY Regents Exam.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Geometry Exam Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about analytical geometry for the NY Regents Exam and earn passing scores. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the distance and midpoint formulas, the Cartesian coordinate system, line equations or any other analytical geometry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning for the NY Regents Exam
- Prefer learning about math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their analytical geometry unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in geometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about analytical geometry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live geometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about analytical geometry for the NY Regents Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify the different parts of a graph.
- Understand how to use the Cartesian coordinate system.
- Learn how to use the midpoint and distance formulas.
- Be able to calculate the slope of a line.
- Explain the significance of geometric proofs for polygons.
1. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
2. The Cartesian Coordinate System: Plotting Points & Graphing Lines
Watch this video lesson to see how useful the Cartesian coordinate system is. Learn how points are labeled and how you can plot points and graph lines using the system.
3. How to Use The Midpoint Formula
The formula for the midpoint of a line segment will tell you how to find the middle of any line segment on the x, y plane. Learn about this formula and see how it is used to find the midpoint of a line segment.
4. How to Use The Distance Formula
You can't always rely on your smartphone to tell you how far you need to travel to get from point A to point B. The distance formula will tell you the distance between any two points on a graph. In this lesson, you'll learn where it comes from and how to use it!
5. Calculating the Slope of a Line: Point-Slope Form, Slope-Intercept Form & More
Being able to calculate the slope of a line is a very useful skill to have. Why? Watch this video lesson to find out and learn how to find the slope when working with various equations and various lines.
6. Geometric Proofs for Polygons
Watch this video lesson to learn why it is important for you to learn how to do formal proofs in geometry. Also learn how to set up a proof and how to successfully execute one.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Geometry: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Foundations of Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Logic in Mathematics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Introduction to Geometric Figures: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Similar Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Quadrilaterals: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Circular Arcs and Circles: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Triangles and Congruency: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Parallel Lines and Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Geometric Solids: Tutoring Solution