About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other global history and geography work.
- Identify the interwar concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Exam Global History and Geography Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about what happened between the world wars and earn passing scores on the NY Regents Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the Weimar Republic, the Great Depression, the Third Reich or any other interwar topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history and geography learning for the NY Regents Exam
- Prefer learning history and geography visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their interwar unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in global history and geography
- Don't have access to their history and geography teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about the period between the world wars simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live history and geography tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about the interwar period for the NY Regents Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss the rise of democracy after 1919.
- List the strengths and weaknesses of the Weimar Republic.
- Learn about the resistance between Turkey and India between the world wars.
- Describe the causes and effects of the Great Depression.
- Understand the governmental policies formed in response to the Great Depression.
- Take a look at interwar conflict in Asia.
- Examine the rise of Benito Mussolini and Italian fascism.
- Discuss the Soviet Union under Stalin.
- Learn about the history of Hitler's Third Reich.
- Take a look at a timeline of the Spanish Civil War.
1. Gains of Global Democracy After 1919: History & Summary
In this lesson we briefly discuss the end of WWI and explore the proliferation of new states that occurred with the collapse of several central and eastern European empires.
2. The Weimar Republic: Strengths, Weaknesses & Collapse
In this lesson, we explore the Weimar Republic, the democratic government which governed Germany in between World War I and the rise of the Nazi party and Adolf Hitler.
3. Resistance in Turkey and India Between World Wars
In this lesson, we explore the resistance movements to western colonialism in both Turkey and India. Though both experienced colonialism via extremely different circumstances, both exhibited nationalist movements that opposed foreign rule.
4. The Great Depression: Timeline, Causes & Impact
In this lesson, we explore the Great Depression and the economic trends and practices that caused the greatest economic meltdown in the history of the world.
5. Response to the Great Depression: Governmental Policies in the US, Britain & France
In this lesson, we explore the greatest economic catastrophe of the 20th century, the Great Depression, as well as U.S., British, and French responses to the crisis.
6. Interwar Conflict in Asia Between World Wars: History & Response
In this lesson, we discuss Japan and China and the disparate fortunes of the two nations during the interwar period, including Japanese military aggression toward China.
7. The Rise of Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism: Facts & Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the rise of fascism in interwar Italy, as led by Il Duce, Benito Mussolini. Mussolini's oppressive, totalitarian regime fell during WWII.
8. The Soviet Union Under Stalin: Five-Year Plans, Purges & Policies
In this lesson, we explore the brutal rule of Joseph Stalin in the Soviet Union, from 1928 to 1953. Stalin radically transformed the economy of the Soviet Union, while also terrorizing its people.
9. Hitler's Third Reich: Rise to Power, History & Collapse
In this lesson, we explore the rise of Hitler's Third Reich, its domination of German society in the 1930s, and the world war it began which eventually led to its downfall.
10. The Spanish Civil War & the Influence of Foreign Powers: Definition, Summary & Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the Spanish Civil War that broke out between nationalists and socialists in Spain in the 1930s. In the aftermath, General Francisco Franco instituted a fascist dictatorship.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Global History and Geography: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Major Belief Systems of the World: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Prehistory: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - History of the Ancient Near East: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - History of Ancient Greece: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Rise of the Roman Republic: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Fall of the Roman Empire: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Dark Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Early Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Medieval Warm Period: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The High Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Late Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Renaissance: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Age of Exploration: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Reformation: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Elizabethan Era: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Colonialism: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Absolutism and Constitutionalism in Western Europe (1648-1715): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Power Shifts in Eastern Europe (1648-1740): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Empire and Expansion in the 18th Century (1700-1799): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Scientific Revolution & the Enlightenment (1500-1790): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The French Revolution and Napoleon Bonaparte (1780-1815): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Industrialization (1700-1900): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Political Developments (1760-1848): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Age of Nationalism (1850-1914): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - World War I (1914-1919): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - World War II (1939-1945): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Influence of Globalization: Tutoring Solution