About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering integrated algebra material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn integrated algebra. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to distribute positive and negative signs or working with fractional powers
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about distributing terms in algebra
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Distributing Terms in Algebra chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Distributing Terms in Algebra chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any distributing terms question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a Distributing Terms in Algebra unit of a standard integrated algebra course. Topics covered include:
- Distributing positive and negative signs
- Distributing algebraic expressions with numbers and variables
- Changing negative exponents to fractions
- Working with fractional powers
- Distribution of more than one term in algebra
1. Distributing Positive and Negative Signs
It's not just numbers and variables that get distributed. Positive and negative signs can, too. In this lesson, we'll learn how to distribute positive and negative signs correctly.
2. Distributing Algebraic Expressions with Numbers and Variables
So, you can simplify an algebraic expression when you need to distribute a number? Great! But what if you need to distribute a variable or a variable with an exponent? Learn how in this lesson.
3. Changing Negative Exponents to Fractions
A negative exponent isn't like a normal exponent. In this lesson, we'll learn about negative exponents and how they lead us to fractions. We'll practice with numbers and variables.
4. Working With Fractional Powers
If you know what to do with 3 to the second power, then you understand exponents. But what if the exponent is a fraction? Find out what to do with fractional powers in this lesson.
5. Distribution of More Than One Term in Algebra
Once we've mastered distributing a single term, it's time to raise the stakes. In this lesson, we'll learn how about distribution involving two, three and even more terms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Help and Review course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Percents: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Help and Review
- Radical Expressions & Equations Problems: Help & Review
- Algebraic Expression & Equation Problems: Help & Review
- Inequalities & Linear Equations in Algebra: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Factoring with Variables: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Help and Review
- Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Sets: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Well-Known Equations: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Intro to Trigonometry: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra Help and Review Flashcards