About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other NY Regents integrated algebra prep work.
- Identify the distribution of terms concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
This chapter of our NY Regents integrated algebra tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the distribution of terms in algebra and earn passing scores on the NY Regents Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to distribute negative and positive signs, perform relevant functions, or any other distributing terms in algebra topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves struggling to prepare for the NY Regents integrated algebra test
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in preparing for the integrated algebra NY Regents Exam
- Don't have access to NY Regents integrated algebra study materials
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning the processes for distributing terms in algebra simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about distributing terms in algebra on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Distribute positive and negative signs.
- Understand how to distribute algebraic expressions that contain numbers and variables.
- Convert negative exponents into fractions.
- Learn how to work with fractional powers.
- Be able to distribute more than one term in algebra.
1. Distributing Positive and Negative Signs
It's not just numbers and variables that get distributed. Positive and negative signs can, too. In this lesson, we'll learn how to distribute positive and negative signs correctly.
2. Distributing Algebraic Expressions with Numbers and Variables
So, you can simplify an algebraic expression when you need to distribute a number? Great! But what if you need to distribute a variable or a variable with an exponent? Learn how in this lesson.
3. Changing Negative Exponents to Fractions
A negative exponent isn't like a normal exponent. In this lesson, we'll learn about negative exponents and how they lead us to fractions. We'll practice with numbers and variables.
4. Working With Fractional Powers
If you know what to do with 3 to the second power, then you understand exponents. But what if the exponent is a fraction? Find out what to do with fractional powers in this lesson.
5. Distribution of More Than One Term in Algebra
Once we've mastered distributing a single term, it's time to raise the stakes. In this lesson, we'll learn how about distribution involving two, three and even more terms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Percents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Radical Expressions & Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Algebraic Expressions and Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Factoring with Variables: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Calculations with Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Sets: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Well-Known Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Intro to Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution