About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding integrated algebra material for the NY Regents Exam will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding how to factor out variables or working with fraction notation.
- Need an efficient way to learn about factoring with variables.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Factoring with Variables chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Factoring with Variables chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How is fraction notation used to perform basic math operations?
- What are the steps for factoring out variables?
- How are numbers and variables combined during factoring?
- What are the steps for transforming a factoring problem into a division problem?
- How is grouping used to factor expressions?
1. Using Fraction Notation: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division
How do we add, subtract, multiply or divide with fractions? In this lesson, we'll learn how to use fraction notation correctly no matter what operation we're completing.
2. Factoring Out Variables: Instructions & Examples
Let's find the factors. In this lesson, we'll learn how to factor out numbers or variables from an expression. We'll even learn how to factor variables with exponents.
3. Combining Numbers and Variables When Factoring
With an expression, you know how to factor out a number, and you know how to factor out a variable. In this lesson, we'll learn how to factor out combined numbers and variables.
4. Transforming Factoring Into A Division Problem
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can factor a problem by turning it into a division problem. Learn how this actually helps you to factor and keep your numbers straight.
5. Factoring By Grouping: Steps, Verification & Examples
How do you factor an expression if all the terms don't share a common factor? Grouping! In this lesson, we'll learn how to use grouping to help factor expressions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Help and Review course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Percents: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Help and Review
- Radical Expressions & Equations Problems: Help & Review
- Algebraic Expression & Equation Problems: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Distributing Terms in Algebra: Help and Review
- Inequalities & Linear Equations in Algebra: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Help and Review
- Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Sets: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Well-Known Equations: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Intro to Trigonometry: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra Help and Review Flashcards