About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other geometry work.
- Identify the geometric solid concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand for the NY Regents Exam.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Geometry Exam Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about geometric solids for the NY Regents Exam and earn passing scores. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding cones, pyramids, spheres or any other geometric solids topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning for the NY Regents Exam
- Prefer learning about math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their geometric solids unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in geometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about geometric solids simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live geometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about geometric solids for the NY Regents Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn about planes and polyhedrons.
- Define Platonic solids.
- Find the areas and volumes of prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones and spheres.
1. Planes and the Polyhedron: Definition and Example
Did you ever wonder what the pyramids in Egypt have to do with math? Watch this video to find out where in math a pyramid comes into play. Also, learn how flat, 2-dimensional shapes also come into play.
2. What Are Platonic Solids? - Definition and Types
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn that there are only five platonic solids in the whole world. You will also learn what they look like and see real-life examples.
3. Prisms: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson and you will see that there are different kinds of prisms. You will also learn how to separate a prism into its various parts so you can easily find the surface area. You will also learn the formula for the volume.
4. Pyramids: Definition, Area & Volume
Do you think of the great pyramids of Egypt when you hear the word pyramids? Watch this video lesson to learn why they are called pyramids and also how to find their surface area and volume.
5. What Are Cylinders? - Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn why soda cans are cylinders and the method by which you can discover how much soda can fit inside by finding the volume. You will also learn about finding a cylinder's surface area.
6. Cones: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn where in the real world you will see cones. Also, you will learn the formulas for finding the surface area and volume of these cones.
7. Spheres: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can find the surface area and volume of spheres. Learn the formulas and measurements you need to solve problems and discover how to identify spheres in the real world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Geometry: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Foundations of Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Logic in Mathematics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Introduction to Geometric Figures: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Similar Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Quadrilaterals: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Circular Arcs and Circles: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Analytical Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Triangles and Congruency: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Parallel Lines and Polygons: Tutoring Solution