About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other global history and geography work.
- Identify the industrialization concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Exam Global History and Geography Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about industrialization and earn passing scores on the NY Regents Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the Agricultural Revolution, the British Reform Movement, urbanization or any other industrialization topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history and geography learning for the NY Regents Exam
- Prefer learning history and geography visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their industrialization review unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in global history and geography
- Don't have access to their history and geography teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about industrialization simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live history and geography tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about industrialization for the NY Regents Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn about the Agricultural Revolution.
- List the triggers of the Industrial Revolution.
- Describe the inventions that emerged during the Industrial Revolution.
- Understand the effects of the Industrial Revolution, such as urbanization.
- Become familiar with the British reform movement.
- Discuss the economists of the Industrial Revolution.
1. The Agricultural Revolution: Timeline, Causes, Inventions & Effects
The Agricultural Revolution was a period of technological improvement and increased crop productivity that occurred during the 18th and early 19th centuries in Europe. In this lesson, learn the timeline, causes, effects and major inventions that spurred this shift in production.
2. Causes of the First Industrial Revolution: Examples & Summary
The Industrial Revolution was a period when new sources of energy, such as coal and steam, were used to power new machines designed to reduce human labor and increase production. The move to a more industrial society would forever change the face of labor.
3. Inventions of the Industrial Revolution: Examples & Summary
Although many factors influenced the first Industrial Revolution, the progress made by several inventors was essential. In this lesson, learn about the innovators who helped to spur the Industrial Revolution forward.
4. Urbanization & Other Effects of the Industrial Revolution: Social & Economic Impacts
The Industrial Revolution had a lasting effect on class structure, urbanization and lifestyle. In this lesson, we will learn how the Industrial Revolution changed various aspects of European society.
5. The British Reform Movement: Social, Political & Economic Reforms
The first Industrial Revolution led to fundamental changes in all aspects of society, from work patterns to living conditions. In this lesson, we will discuss the reform movements aimed at solving the problems of inequality, parliamentary reform, and unhealthy urban areas.
6. The Economists: Adam Smith, David Ricardo & Thomas Malthus
During the 18th and 19th centuries, several major theorists put forth ideas that would influence how governments handled economic matters. This lesson will discuss the major ideas and influential theories of Adam Smith, David Ricardo, and Thomas Malthus.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Global History and Geography: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Major Belief Systems of the World: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Prehistory: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - History of the Ancient Near East: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - History of Ancient Greece: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Rise of the Roman Republic: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Fall of the Roman Empire: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Dark Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Early Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Medieval Warm Period: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The High Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Late Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Renaissance: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Age of Exploration: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Reformation: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Elizabethan Era: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Colonialism: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Absolutism and Constitutionalism in Western Europe (1648-1715): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Power Shifts in Eastern Europe (1648-1740): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Empire and Expansion in the 18th Century (1700-1799): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Scientific Revolution & the Enlightenment (1500-1790): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The French Revolution and Napoleon Bonaparte (1780-1815): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Political Developments (1760-1848): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Age of Nationalism (1850-1914): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - World War I (1914-1919): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Between the World Wars (1919-1939): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - World War II (1939-1945): Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Influence of Globalization: Tutoring Solution