About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering integrated algebra material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn integrated algebra. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding sine and cosine or working with slopes and tangents on a graph
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about introductory trigonometry
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Intro to Trigonometry chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Intro to Trigonometry chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any introductory trig question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an Intro to Trigonometry unit of a standard integrated algebra course. Topics covered include:
- Laws of sines and cosines
- Graphing the tangent function
- Slopes and tangents on a graph
- Graphing sine and cosine transformations
- Converting between radians and degrees
- Basic trig identities
1. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
2. Law of Sines: Definition and Application
Don't get stuck trying to find missing sides or angles in a triangle. Use the Law of Sines to rescue you from any perilous triangle in which you have just a few pieces of information.
3. Law of Cosines: Definition and Application
In this lesson, we'll learn how to solve problems involving three sides and one angle in a triangle. The Law of Cosines, a modification of the Pythagorean Theorem, will save the day.
4. Graphing the Tangent Function: Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift & Vertical Shift
Take a look at how the graph of a tangent function and how we can transform it by making a few small changes to its equation. This video shows how to graph the original function and explains its transformations.
5. Slopes and Tangents on a Graph
Hit the slopes and learn how the steepness of a line is calculated. Calculate the slopes between points and draw the tangents of curves on graphs in this lesson.
6. Graphing Sine and Cosine Transformations
What happens when we take the sine and cosine wave and transform them? They get bigger, smaller, faster and slower. Find out how in this lesson on sine and cosine wave transformations.
7. Unit Circle: Memorizing the First Quadrant
Memorizing the unit circle can be a daunting task, but this lesson will show you a pattern to help you memorize the points, degree measures, and radian measures for the entire first quadrant.
8. Properties of Right Triangles: Theorems & Proofs
In this lesson, you will learn about the properties of and theorems associated with right triangles, which have a wide range of applications in math and science. Specifically, we will discuss and prove the Pythagorean theorem and the right triangle altitude theorem. Let's get started.
9. Special Right Triangles: Types and Properties
Not all right triangles are the same. In this lesson, we'll look at two special right triangles (30-60-90 and 45-45-90) that have unique properties to help you quickly and easily solve certain triangle problems.
10. The Double Angle Formula
When you encounter a doubled angle, there are special formulas that can help you handle trigonometric value. In this lesson, we'll define and practice using the double angle formulas for sine, cosine and tangent.
11. Converting Between Radians and Degrees
Angles can be measured in degrees or radians. This lesson will explore the difference and provide you with a simple calculation that can be used to convert degrees into radians and radians into degrees.
12. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
13. List of the Basic Trig Identities
There are specific trig functions that have very special and very simple relationships with each other. Learn the main one and how you can use it to understand the others.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Help and Review course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Percents: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Help and Review
- Radical Expressions & Equations Problems: Help & Review
- Algebraic Expression & Equation Problems: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Distributing Terms in Algebra: Help and Review
- Inequalities & Linear Equations in Algebra: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Factoring with Variables: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Help and Review
- Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Sets: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Well-Known Equations: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra Help and Review Flashcards