About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your preparation for the NY Regents integrated algebra exam.
- Identify the introductory trigonometry concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn the basics of trigonometry and earn passing scores on the exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding slopes and tangents on a graph, solving equations or any other intro to trigonometry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves struggling with their preparations for the NY Regents integrated algebra exam
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in preparing for the NY Regents integrated algebra exam
- Don't have access to NY Regents integrated algebra prep materials
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning intro to trigonometry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn intro to trigonometry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to solve trigonometric problems that include sine and cosine.
- Become familiar with the Law of Sines and Law of Cosines.
- Graph tangent functions.
- Calculate slopes and tangents.
- Understand how to graph sine and cosine transformations.
- Memorize the first quadrant of the unit circle.
- List the properties of right triangles.
- Identify the different types of right triangles.
- Take a look at the double angle formula.
- Convert between radians and degrees.
- Solve trigonometric equations for x.
- Discuss the basic trig identities.
1. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
2. Law of Sines: Definition and Application
Don't get stuck trying to find missing sides or angles in a triangle. Use the Law of Sines to rescue you from any perilous triangle in which you have just a few pieces of information.
3. Law of Cosines: Definition and Application
In this lesson, we'll learn how to solve problems involving three sides and one angle in a triangle. The Law of Cosines, a modification of the Pythagorean Theorem, will save the day.
4. Graphing the Tangent Function: Amplitude, Period, Phase Shift & Vertical Shift
Take a look at how the graph of a tangent function and how we can transform it by making a few small changes to its equation. This video shows how to graph the original function and explains its transformations.
5. Slopes and Tangents on a Graph
Hit the slopes and learn how the steepness of a line is calculated. Calculate the slopes between points and draw the tangents of curves on graphs in this lesson.
6. Graphing Sine and Cosine Transformations
What happens when we take the sine and cosine wave and transform them? They get bigger, smaller, faster and slower. Find out how in this lesson on sine and cosine wave transformations.
7. Unit Circle: Memorizing the First Quadrant
Memorizing the unit circle can be a daunting task, but this lesson will show you a pattern to help you memorize the points, degree measures, and radian measures for the entire first quadrant.
8. Properties of Right Triangles: Theorems & Proofs
In this lesson, you will learn about the properties of and theorems associated with right triangles, which have a wide range of applications in math and science. Specifically, we will discuss and prove the Pythagorean theorem and the right triangle altitude theorem. Let's get started.
9. Special Right Triangles: Types and Properties
Not all right triangles are the same. In this lesson, we'll look at two special right triangles (30-60-90 and 45-45-90) that have unique properties to help you quickly and easily solve certain triangle problems.
10. The Double Angle Formula
When you encounter a doubled angle, there are special formulas that can help you handle trigonometric value. In this lesson, we'll define and practice using the double angle formulas for sine, cosine and tangent.
11. Converting Between Radians and Degrees
Angles can be measured in degrees or radians. This lesson will explore the difference and provide you with a simple calculation that can be used to convert degrees into radians and radians into degrees.
12. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
13. List of the Basic Trig Identities
There are specific trig functions that have very special and very simple relationships with each other. Learn the main one and how you can use it to understand the others.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Percents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Radical Expressions & Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Algebraic Expressions and Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Distributing Terms in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Factoring with Variables: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Calculations with Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Sets: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Well-Known Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution