About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other geometry work.
- Identify the geometric figures concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Geometry Exam Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about geometric figures for the NY Regents Exam and earn passing scores. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding lines and line segments, angles and points or any other geometric figures topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning for the NY Regents Exam
- Prefer learning about math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their geometric figures unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in geometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about geometric figures simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live geometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about geometric figures for the NY Regents Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to measure line segments and rays.
- Discuss points, angles and lines in geometry.
- Understand how to use tools to make geometric constructions.
- Use lines and angles to make geometric constructions.
- Become familiar with the line segment bisection and midpoint postulates.
- Identify perpendicular, transverse and parallel lines.
- Be able to construct perpendicular lines.
- List the different types of angles.
- Explain how to construct angle bisectors.
- Construct squares, equilateral triangles and regular hexagons inside circles.
1. Line Segments & Rays: Definition & Measurement
Watch this video lesson to learn the difference between a line segment and a ray. You will also learn how to measure and add line segments. Learn why you can't measure or add a ray.
2. Points, Lines & Angles in Geometry
After watching this video lesson, you should understand the basic terms that form the foundation of geometry. Learn what a point is, what a line is, what an angle is, and learn about a special type of angle called a right angle.
3. Types of Angles: Vertical, Corresponding, Alternate Interior & Others
In addition to basic right, acute, or obtuse angles, there are many other types of angles or angle relationships. In this lesson, we will learn to identify these angle relationships and discuss their measurements.
4. Geometric Constructions Using Lines and Angles
Watch this video lesson to learn about geometric construction and how you can copy line segments and angles without using any numbers. All you need is a straight edge and a compass.
5. Line Segment Bisection & Midpoint Theorem: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson and you will learn how to bisect a line segment without measurements using just a compass and a straight edge. You'll also learn about the midpoint theorem, which lets you calculate the midpoint if you have the measurements.
6. Dividing Line Segments into Equal Parts: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn one way to easily divide any line segment into as many equal parts as you need. Also, learn where in real life this skill comes in handy.
7. Parallel, Perpendicular and Transverse Lines
What are the different types of lines? Where are they visible in the real world and how can you recognize them? Find out here and test your knowledge with a quiz.
8. Constructing Perpendicular Lines in Geometry
In this video lesson, you will see how to use geometric construction to draw perpendicular lines. Learn why geometric construction is useful. Also find out the only two tools in addition to your pencil that you need to do this.
9. Constructing an Angle Bisector in Geometry
Watch this video lesson to learn a cool way to split an angle in half. You can use this method to split a pie slice in half where you can be sure each side is equal.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Geometry: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Foundations of Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Logic in Mathematics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Similar Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Quadrilaterals: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Circular Arcs and Circles: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Analytical Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Triangles and Congruency: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Parallel Lines and Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Geometric Solids: Tutoring Solution