About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering integrated algebra material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn integrated algebra. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to change between decimals and percents or working with the conversion from fractional notation to percent notation
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about percents
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Problems with Percents chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Problems with Percents chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any percents question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a Problems with Percents unit of a standard integrated algebra course. Topics covered include:
- Changing between decimals and percents
- Changing between decimals and fractions
- Converting fractional notation to percent notation
1. What is a Percent? - Definition & Examples
Thinking in terms of pizza is an excellent way to think about percentages. Learn how it can help you understand percentages in this video lesson. You will also learn about the uses of percentages in the real world.
2. Changing Between Decimals and Percents
Watch as we go on a rollercoaster ride in changing from a decimal to percent and then back again. Learn to master this technique so you can get as fast as a rollercoaster going downhill on tests and quizzes when you have to convert between the two.
3. Changing Between Decimals and Fractions
In this video lesson, you will learn about the usefulness of knowing how to change quickly between decimals and fractions. You will also learn how changing from a decimal to a fraction is different than changing from a fraction to a decimal.
4. Converting Fractions to Percents
There are times when it is important to know how to convert a fraction to a percent. Fortunately, the steps to perform this conversion are not difficult. This lesson will show you those steps and give some examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Help and Review course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Help and Review
- Radical Expressions & Equations Problems: Help & Review
- Algebraic Expression & Equation Problems: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Distributing Terms in Algebra: Help and Review
- Inequalities & Linear Equations in Algebra: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Factoring with Variables: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Help and Review
- Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Help & Review
- NY Regents - Sets: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Well-Known Equations: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Intro to Trigonometry: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Help and Review
- NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra Help and Review Flashcards