About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering geometry material for the NY Regents Exam will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school geometry. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding theorems and proofs, measurements of area or angles, or other quadrilaterals topics
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about quadrilaterals for the NY Regents Exam
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Quadrilaterals chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Quadrilaterals chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any quadrilaterals question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a quadrilaterals unit of a standard high school geometry course. Topics covered include:
- Definition and properties of various quadrilaterals, including kites and squares
- Measurements for the area of parallelograms, rhombuses, rectangles and trapezoids
- Division of line segments into equal parts
- Heron's formula
1. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
2. Measuring the Area of a Parallelogram: Formula & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn the simple formula to find the area of a parallelogram. Learn what measurements you need, how to label your parallelogram, and how to use the formula.
3. What Is a Rhombus? - Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn why rhombuses are a special type of quadrilateral. Also, learn why a rhombus is also a parallelogram. Watch as we explore the sides and angles of a rhombus.
4. Measuring the Area of a Rhombus: Formula & Examples
Did you know that there are three ways to find the area of a rhombus? Watch this video lesson to learn all three of them. See what information you need for each method as well as the steps required for each.
5. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
6. Rectangles: Definition, Properties & Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn a bit about rectangles. Learn why rectangles are the building blocks of many homes. Also, learn about the properties that make a rectangle unique from other shapes. Finally, learn how you can draw one.
7. Measuring the Area of a Rectangle: Formula & Examples
Look around you, and you see rectangles all over the place. And if you see paint, carpet, or anything that covers a rectangular area, you can be sure that someone has measured the area of the rectangle. Watch this video lesson to learn more.
8. Squares: Definition and Properties
Squares can be found in many places in the real world. Watch this video lesson to see how useful they can be and also to learn how to find the perimeter and area of a square.
9. Trapezoids: Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn what a trapezoid has to do with a triangle. Also, learn the special words that describe the various parts of a trapezoid. You will also see special types of trapezoids.
10. Measuring the Area of a Trapezoid
In this video lesson, you will watch and learn how you can find the area of trapezoid. Learn what measurements you need to have on hand as well as the formula that you need to use.
11. Using Heron's Formula in Geometry
Heron's formula has been around for a couple thousand years. Watch this video lesson to see how you can use Heron's formula to find the area of a triangle while only knowing the side lengths.
12. What is a Coordinate Plane? - Definition, Quadrants & Example
In this lesson, you'll learn what a coordinate plane is and some coordinate plane terminology. You'll also see a few examples of coordinate planes in action. Then, you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Geometry: Help and Review course
- NY Regents - Foundations of Geometry: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Logic in Mathematics: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Introduction to Geometric Figures: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Similar Polygons: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Circular Arcs and Circles: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Analytical Geometry: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Triangles and Congruency: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Parallel Lines and Polygons: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Geometric Solids: Help and Review
- NY Regents Exam - Geometry Help and Review Flashcards