About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other geometry work.
- Identify the quadrilateral concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand for the NY Regents Exam.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Geometry Exam Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about quadrilaterals for the NY Regents Exam and earn passing scores. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding parallelograms, rectangles, trapezoids or any other quadrilaterals topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning for the NY Regents Exam
- Prefer learning about math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their quadrilaterals unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in geometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about quadrilaterals simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live geometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about quadrilaterals for the NY Regents Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Describe the properties of parallelograms.
- Understand how to measure the area of a parallelogram.
- List the properties of rhombuses.
- Measure the area of a rhombus.
- Learn the properties of kites.
- Be able to construct rectangles.
- Understand how to measure the area of a rectangle.
- Describe the properties of squares.
- List the properties of trapezoids.
- Measure the area of a trapezoid.
- Be able to divide line segments into equal parts.
- Become familiar with Heron's formula.
1. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
2. Measuring the Area of a Parallelogram: Formula & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn the simple formula to find the area of a parallelogram. Learn what measurements you need, how to label your parallelogram, and how to use the formula.
3. What Is a Rhombus? - Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn why rhombuses are a special type of quadrilateral. Also, learn why a rhombus is also a parallelogram. Watch as we explore the sides and angles of a rhombus.
4. Measuring the Area of a Rhombus: Formula & Examples
Did you know that there are three ways to find the area of a rhombus? Watch this video lesson to learn all three of them. See what information you need for each method as well as the steps required for each.
5. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
6. Rectangles: Definition, Properties & Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn a bit about rectangles. Learn why rectangles are the building blocks of many homes. Also, learn about the properties that make a rectangle unique from other shapes. Finally, learn how you can draw one.
7. Measuring the Area of a Rectangle: Formula & Examples
Look around you, and you see rectangles all over the place. And if you see paint, carpet, or anything that covers a rectangular area, you can be sure that someone has measured the area of the rectangle. Watch this video lesson to learn more.
8. Squares: Definition and Properties
Squares can be found in many places in the real world. Watch this video lesson to see how useful they can be and also to learn how to find the perimeter and area of a square.
9. Trapezoids: Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn what a trapezoid has to do with a triangle. Also, learn the special words that describe the various parts of a trapezoid. You will also see special types of trapezoids.
10. Measuring the Area of a Trapezoid
In this video lesson, you will watch and learn how you can find the area of trapezoid. Learn what measurements you need to have on hand as well as the formula that you need to use.
11. Using Heron's Formula in Geometry
Heron's formula has been around for a couple thousand years. Watch this video lesson to see how you can use Heron's formula to find the area of a triangle while only knowing the side lengths.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Geometry: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Foundations of Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Logic in Mathematics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Introduction to Geometric Figures: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Similar Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Circular Arcs and Circles: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Analytical Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Triangles and Congruency: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Parallel Lines and Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Geometric Solids: Tutoring Solution