About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other NY Regents Exam US history and government work.
- Identify the 1920s in America concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Exam US history and government tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the 1920s in America and earn passing scores on the NY Regents Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding consumerism, political corruption, arts and culture, nativism or any other 1920s in America topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning for the NY Regents Exam
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their 1920s in America unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in US history and government
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about the 1920s in America simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live NY Regents Exam US history and government tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about the 1920s in America for the NY Regents Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Describe the U.S. economy in the 1920s
- Understand U.S. politics during the 1920s
- Learn about the Harlem Renaissance
- Outline nativism, eugenics, and the rise of the KKK
- Explain the significance of the trials of the Scottsboro Boys
1. American Economy in the 1920s: Consumerism, Stock Market & Economic Shift
In this lesson we will learn about the American economy throughout the 1920s. We will explore the role of consumerism and the stock market during this time, and we will learn how the prosperity of the decade came to a crashing halt.
2. American Politics in the 1920s: Transition, Corruption & the Teapot Dome Scandal
Americans looked forward to the start of a new decade in 1920. They also looked for a president that would ease their fears and return the nation to 'normal,' but big business and corruption would come to symbolize politics of the decade.
3. Art and Culture of the Harlem Renaissance: Artists, Poets, Authors & Music
In this lesson, we will learn about an artistic and intellectual movement called the Harlem Renaissance. We will identify the major figures associated with the movement and identify their contributions.
4. The Ku Klux Klan, Eugenics and Nativism: Definition, Movement & Social Reactions
The decade of the 1920s saw older, traditional values of American society challenged by the rapidly changing Modern Age. Elements of the nation reacted to such change with fear. Develop an understanding of the reborn Ku Klux Klan, the eugenics movement and nativist sentiments of the 1920s.
5. The Scopes Trial and Scottsboro Trials: Summaries & Significance
In this lesson, we will examine two important legal cases: the Scopes 'Monkey' Trial and the Scottsboro Trials. We will highlight the events surrounding the cases, and explore the impact they had on American society.
6. The Jazz Age: Fashion & Slang
In this lesson, we will learn about the fashion and slang of the 1920s, also called the 'Jazz Age.' We will explore the overall culture of the Jazz Age and will identify specific fashion trends and slang words.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - US History and Government: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Colonial Period and Road to Revolution: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The American Revolution: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The US Government in 1776-1800: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Virginia Dynasty & Jacksonian Democracy: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Manifest Destiny & Westward Expansion: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Build Up to the American Civil War: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - American Civil War & Reconstruction: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Industrialization and Urbanization from 1870-1900: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Progressive Era & American Imperialism: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The Great Depression & World War II in America: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Cold War & Activism in America: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The 1970s in America: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - The 1980s Through Today: Tutoring Solution