About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering history material for the NY Regents Exam will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn history. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the conflict in the Middle East and the impact of OPEC
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the 1970s in America for the NY Regents Exam
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the NY Regents 1970s in America Help and Review chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the 1970s in America chapter exam to be prepared for the NY Regents Exam.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about the 1970s in America. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in the 1970s in America unit of a standard history course. Topics covered include:
- Foreign policies of President Nixon
- Roe vs. Wade
- The Watergate scandal
- The Gerald Ford presidency
- The Jimmy Carter election
1. Foreign Policies of President Nixon: Vietnamization & Detente
President Richard Nixon entered office in 1969 with the hope of easing international relations and honorably ending the war in Vietnam. Learn about his various attempts at securing international peace.
2. Conflict in the Middle East: OPEC's 1970s Oil Embargo & Its Impact
The 1970s represented a period of economic distress in the United States. Learn about one of the major factors, the 1973 oil embargo by OPEC, and its devastating impact on the American economy in this video lesson.
3. Supreme Court Case Roe v. Wade: Summary, Decision & Impact on Abortion
''Roe v. Wade, 1973'' was the landmark Supreme Court decision in regard to legalized abortion. Learn about the case, the decision and its impact on the United States.
4. The Watergate Scandal & President Nixon: Investigation & Resignation
The Watergate Scandal represented President Richard Nixon's wanton abuse of the executive privilege. Learn more about the scandal, those involved, the investigation and Nixon's inevitable resignation.
5. Gerald Ford: Biography, Presidency & Facts
This lesson discusses the life and times of President Gerald Ford. Learn more about his personal and political life on the way to becoming the 38th President of the United States.
6. Jimmy Carter as President: Election, Foreign Policy & Accomplishments
President James 'Jimmy' Carter was elected president in 1976. Learn about the 39th President of the United States' foreign and domestic policies, including his successes and failures.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - US History and Government: Help and Review course
- NY Regents - Colonial Period and Road to Revolution: Help and Review
- NY Regents - The American Revolution: Help and Review
- NY Regents - The US Government in 1776-1800: Help and Review
- The Virginia Dynasty & Jacksonian Democracy: Regents Help & Review
- NY Regents - Manifest Destiny & Westward Expansion: Help and Review
- NY Regents - Build Up to the American Civil War: Help and Review
- NY Regents - American Civil War & Reconstruction: Help and Review
- Urbanization & Industrialization (1870-1900): Help & Review
- American Imperialism & the Progressive Era: Regents Help & Review
- NY Regents - The 1920s in America: Help and Review
- The Great Depression & World War II: Regents Help & Review
- NY Regents - Cold War & Activism in America: Help and Review
- NY Regents - The 1980s Through Today: Help and Review
- NY Regents Exam - US History and Government Help and Review Flashcards