About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your preparation for the NY Regents integrated algebra exam.
- Identify the well-known equations concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn well-known equations and earn passing scores on the exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the theory of relativity, the Pythagorean theorem, the quadratic formula or any other well-known equations topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves struggling with preparations for the NY Regents integrated algebra exam
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in preparing for the NY Regents integrated algebra exam
- Don't have access to NY Regents integrated algebra prep materials
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning well-known equations simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn well-known equations on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explain the theory of relativity.
- Understand the Pythagorean theorem.
- Define the value of e.
- Describe the relationship between diameter and circumference and pi.
- Learn how to use Isaac Newton's formula for the force of gravity.
- Discuss Euler's identity.
- Examine Fermat's last theorem.
- Understand how to calculate monthly loan payments.
- Define the absolute-value inequality.
- Learn how to use the quadratic formula.
1. Theory of Relativity: Definition & Example
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn about the theory of special relativity and how it applies to you. Learn how you can use one of the most famous equations from this theory to calculate the power inside just one tiny object.
2. Pythagorean Theorem: Definition & Example
Learn what the Pythagorean Theorem says about a right triangle and the relationships of its three sides to each other by watching this video lesson. Also learn how you can use this to your advantage when solving problems.
3. The Value of e: Definition & Example
After watching this video lesson, you will learn that the mathematical constant e has a name. You will also learn how it is used in mathematics along with what characteristics it has.
4. Diameter and Circumference Related with Pi
After watching this video, you will be able to tell others how the number pi is related to a circle's diameter and circumference. And using your newfound knowledge, you will be able to calculate the circumference or diameter of a circle.
5. Isaac Newton's Formula for the Force of Gravity: Definition & Example
Watch this video lesson and you will see how you can calculate the force of attraction between two objects. Learn why our planets don't spin themselves out of orbit around the sun.
6. Euler's Identity: Definition & Example
Watch this video lesson to learn about Euler's Identity and why it is considered a mathematical jewel. Find out about the person who came up with it and also see an example of it in use.
7. Fermat's Last Theorem: Definition & Example
Considered a mathematical mystery for hundreds of years, watch this video lesson to learn what Fermat's Last Theorem tells us and why mathematicians struggled for years to prove it true.
8. Calculating Monthly Loan Payments
Watch this video lesson and learn how you can calculate your monthly payment when you are thinking of purchasing a car. Okay, you can also use this formula whenever you are getting a loan!
9. The Absolute-Value Inequality: Definition & Example
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve absolute value inequalities. Learn how you can easily set up your problem to successfully solve your problem each and every time.
10. The Quadratic Formula: Definition & Example
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can use the quadratic formula to solve certain types of problems. Learn what kinds of equations you can solve using this formula as well as how easy it is to use this formula.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Integrated Algebra: Tutoring Solution course
- NY Regents - Number Theory & Basic Arithmetic: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Decimals and Fractions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Percents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponents: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Exponential Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Radical Expressions & Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Problems with Algebraic Expressions and Equations: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Distributing Terms in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Algebraic Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Matrices and Absolute Value: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Overview of Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Factoring with Variables: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Quadratics & Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Graphing Functions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Calculations with Ratios, Percent & Proportions: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Sets: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability and Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Probability Mechanics: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Working with Data: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Intro to Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Measurement for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution
- NY Regents - Geometry for Algebra Students: Tutoring Solution