About This Chapter
NYSTCE Biology: Enzymes - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to help you correctly answer questions about plant cells on the NYSTCE Biology exam. After working through this study guide, you will be proficient in the following:
- Components and structure of chloroplasts
- Cell walls and the central vacuole of plant cells
- Chlorophyll reactions
Our video lessons are short and to-the-point; each lesson covers a topic in ten minutes or less! The lesson quizzes and chapter exam are a great way to test your knowledge. If you get any questions on the quizzes wrong, use the quick links to jump right to the corresponding part of the lesson.
NYSTCE Biology: Plant Cells Objectives
Passing the NYSTCE Biology exam is required to teach biology in the state of New York. The exam is made up of 90 selected-response questions and one constructed-response question and will take four hours to complete.
The resources in this study guide will get you ready for questions on plant cells and photosynthesis in the cell biology and biochemistry subarea of the NYSTCE Biology exam. This section of the exam makes up about 17% of the total questions. Among other topics, you'll be asked about cell structure and function and the process of photosynthesis as well as the raw materials, significance and products of photosynthesis.
1. Chloroplast Structure: Chlorophyll, Stroma, Thylakoid, and Grana
In this lesson, we'll explore the parts of the chloroplast, such as the thylakoids and stroma, that make a chloroplast the perfect place for conducting photosynthesis in plant cells.
2. Plant Cell Structures: The Cell Wall and Central Vacuole
In this lesson, we'll talk about some of the things that make plant cells so different from our cells. In addition to being mean, green photosynthesizing machines, plant cells have cell walls and central vacuoles to make them unique!
3. Chlorophyll & Photosynthesis Reactions
What is photosynthesis? And how is chlorophyll vital to that process? Learn all about chlorophyll's role, and then take a quiz to see what you've learned.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NYSTCE Biology (006): Practice and Study Guide course
- NYSTCE Biology: Scientific Inquiry
- NYSTCE Biology: Research Methods
- NYSTCE Biology: Measurement & Observation
- NYSTCE Biology: Laboratory Basics
- NYSTCE Biology: Cell Biology
- NYSTCE Biology: Prokaryotic Cells
- NYSTCE Biology: Cell Communication
- NYSTCE Biology: Inorganic Chemistry
- NYSTCE Biology: Organic Compounds
- NYSTCE Biology: Nucleic Acids
- NYSTCE Biology: Enzymes
- NYSTCE Biology: Metabolic Biochemistry
- NYSTCE Biology: DNA Replication
- NYSTCE Biology: Transcription & Translation Process
- NYSTCE Biology: Genetic Engineering & Cloning
- NYSTCE Biology: Cell Cycle & Division
- NYSTCE Biology: Classical, Molecular & Population Genetics
- NYSTCE Biology: Genetic Mutations
- NYSTCE Biology: The Origin of Life on Earth
- NYSTCE Biology: Evolution
- NYSTCE Biology: Protists, Fungi & Viruses
- NYSTCE Biology: Plant Biology
- NYSTCE Biology: Plant Reproduction & Growth
- NYSTCE Biology: Animals & Evolution
- NYSTCE Biology: Social Behavior of Animals
- NYSTCE Biology: Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory & Musculoskeletal Systems
- NYSTCE Biology: Nervous, Immune & Endocrine Systems
- NYSTCE Biology: Reproduction & Development
- NYSTCE Biology: Human Reproductive Systems
- NYSTCE Biology: Ecological Principles & Processes
- NYSTCE Biology Flashcards