About This Chapter
NYSTCE Chemistry: Chemicals & the Environment - Chapter Summary
Discovering helpful details about chemicals and their properties is easy when you go through the lessons in this chapter. They are geared towards helping you learn more about:
- Household and industrial chemicals
- Chemical processes that can harm the environment
- Relationship between chemicals and aquatic and terrestrial environments
- Reversing and preventing environmental damage
After gathering different environmental and chemical-related information, see how much you truly remember by using our self-assessment quizzes. They will help you determine if you are ready for the exam.
NYSTCE Chemistry: Chemicals & the Environment Chapter Objectives
The NYSTCE Chemistry exam is designed to assess your knowledge of different chemistry-related principles and theories. Passing this exam is one of the requirements for certification as a New York State teacher. All of the material discussed in this chapter is part of the subarea 6 portion, which makes up 10% of the entire exam. You will have to answer multiple-choice questions, which will have you analyze the relationship between chemicals and the environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NYSTCE Chemistry (007): Practice and Study Guide course
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Foundations of Scientific Inquiry
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Physical & Chemical Properties
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Atomic Structure & Quantum Theory
- NYSTCE Chemistry: The Periodic Table
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Gases
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Nuclear Transformation
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Principles of Calorimetry
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Thermodynamics
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Chemical Bonds
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Chemical Reactions
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Chemical Equilibrium
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Acid-Base Chemistry
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Stoichiometry
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Solutions & Solubility
- NYSTCE Chemistry: Nuclear Reactions
- NYSTCE Chemistry Flashcards