About This Chapter
NYSTCE CQST: Percents & Conversions - Chapter Summary
In order to correctly solve percent and conversion problems on the NYSTCE CQST exam, utilize these lessons. They are designed to help you review or pick up new information about:
- Definition and examples of percents
- Solving interest problems
- Steps for converting percent notation to fraction notation
- Switching from decimals to percents
- Using percents to solve different problems
- Going from percent notation to decimal notation
Picking up strategies to solve percent and conversion problems for the NYSTCE CQST exam is made easy with these lessons. You can easily navigate through them with the clickable video tags. If you have trouble with a math concept, get help from one of our qualified online instructors.
1. What is a Percent? - Definition & Examples
Thinking in terms of pizza is an excellent way to think about percentages. Learn how it can help you understand percentages in this video lesson. You will also learn about the uses of percentages in the real world.
2. Percents: Definition, Application & Examples
Maybe you know that 95% is an A and 75% is a C. But what do those percents really mean? In this lesson, we'll learn about percents, including how to convert them to fractions and decimals.
3. How to Solve Word Problems That Use Percents
100 percent of percent problems can be solved if we follow the correct steps. In this lesson, we'll practice solving a variety of different percent problems.
4. How to Solve Interest Problems: Steps & Examples
If you want to know how your money can earn money, then it's essential to learn about solving interest problems. In this lesson, we'll practice calculating interest amounts and interest rates.
5. Converting Percent Notation to Fraction Notation
The process of converting percents to fractions is quite easy if you know where to start. This lesson will show you how to perform the conversion and give some real-world examples.
6. Converting Fractions to Percents
There are times when it is important to know how to convert a fraction to a percent. Fortunately, the steps to perform this conversion are not difficult. This lesson will show you those steps and give some examples.
7. Changing Between Decimals and Percents
Watch as we go on a rollercoaster ride in changing from a decimal to percent and then back again. Learn to master this technique so you can get as fast as a rollercoaster going downhill on tests and quizzes when you have to convert between the two.
8. Converting from Percent Notation to Decimal Notation
Knowing how to convert a percent to a decimal can be a useful skill in many different situations. This lesson will show you how to perform that conversion and places where this skill will be helpful.
9. Solve Problems Using Percents
Percents are your friend. Think of all the cool things percents do for you. They save you money, and they tell you how well you are doing in school. Learn how you can solve problems with percents in this video lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test (080): Practice & Study Guide course
- NYSTCE CQST: Vocabulary
- NYSTCE CQST: Reading Passages
- NYSTCE CQST: Sequence of Ideas in Reading
- NYSTCE CQST: Interpreting Textual & Graphic Information
- NYSTCE CQST: Verbs, Pronouns & Modifiers
- NYSTCE CQST: Sentence Structure, Punctuation & Spelling
- NYSTCE CQST: Place Value & Rounding
- NYSTCE CQST: Weights & Measures
- NYSTCE CQST: Addition & Subtraction
- NYSTCE CQST: Multiplication & Division
- NYSTCE CQST: Fractions
- NYSTCE CQST: Decimals
- NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Flashcards