About This Chapter
NYSTCE CQST: Place Value & Rounding - Chapter Summary
Improving your ability to round different types of numbers is possible thanks to our lessons. They were created to help you review:
- Place values in whole numbers
- Decimal place value
- Rounding mixed numbers
- Rounding to the 1,000, 10,000 and 100,000
- Using rounding to estimate a difference
In order to do well on the NYSTCE CQST exam, you need to be able to round different numbers. Pick up the skills to do this correctly by going through our video lessons, which range from 5-10 minutes. Thanks to our lesson quizzes, you can quickly assess your math skills and knowledge before taking the actual exam.
1. Finding Place Values in Whole Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to find the location of any place value that you are given. You will also be able to identify them in any whole number.
2. What is a Decimal Place Value?
In this video lesson, you will see how a decimal, a simple dot, can change the place value of all the digits in a number. You will also learn how to read decimals using place values.
3. Rounding Numbers to the Nearest 1000, 10,000 & 100,000
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to round larger numbers like a pro. Learn what the cutoff numbers are for rounding up and down to the nearest thousand, ten thousand and hundred thousand.
4. Estimating a Difference by Rounding
After studying this lesson, you will understand rounding basics. You'll also learn how to quickly solve subtraction problems by using your rounding skills.
5. How to Round Mixed Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you should be able to round mixed numbers easily and quickly. You will learn about what number to look at to determine whether you should round up or round down.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test (080): Practice & Study Guide course
- NYSTCE CQST: Vocabulary
- NYSTCE CQST: Reading Passages
- NYSTCE CQST: Sequence of Ideas in Reading
- NYSTCE CQST: Interpreting Textual & Graphic Information
- NYSTCE CQST: Verbs, Pronouns & Modifiers
- NYSTCE CQST: Sentence Structure, Punctuation & Spelling
- NYSTCE CQST: Weights & Measures
- NYSTCE CQST: Addition & Subtraction
- NYSTCE CQST: Multiplication & Division
- NYSTCE CQST: Fractions
- NYSTCE CQST: Decimals
- NYSTCE CQST: Percents & Conversions
- NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Flashcards