About This Chapter
NYSTCE Music Flashcards - Summary
In this chapter, you'll find a collection of handy study flashcards that cover essential NYSTE Music exam topics. Use any computer or mobile device to strengthen your music knowledge and memorize information related to music history, theory and more. Some of the NYSTCE Music concepts you can expect to review include:
- Music form and notation
- Rhythm and melody
- Instrumental and vocal ensembles
- Baroque, Classical and Romantic music
- Musical theater
How They Work
Flashcards allow you to repeat musical terms until you're able to commit them to memory. Follow these steps as you prepare for the NYSTCE Music exam with these flashcards:
- Open a flashcard set for the NYSTCE Music topic you're studying.
- Identify the musical term, instrument, genre or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Elements of Music Notation
Flashcards - Elements of Melody
Flashcards - Meter & Rhythm
Flashcards - Musical Forms
Flashcards - Understanding Instruments
Flashcards - Vocal and Instrumental Ensembles
Flashcards - Opera and Orchestral Music
Flashcards - Medieval Music
Flashcards - Music of the Renaissance
Flashcards - The Baroque Period in Music
Flashcards - The Classical Period in Music
Flashcards - Modern Era Music
Flashcards - Jazz Music
Flashcards - Musical Theater and Popular Music
Flashcards - Music of the World
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NYSTCE Music (075): Practice and Study Guide course
- Elements of Music Notation
- Types & Characteristics of Scales
- Elements of Melody & Harmony
- Meter & Rhythm
- Musical Forms
- How to Compose, Arrange & Improvise Music
- Vocal Range
- Principles of Singing & Sound Production
- Understanding Instruments
- Opera and Orchestral Music
- Medieval Music
- Music of the Renaissance
- The Baroque Period in Music
- The Classical Period in Music
- The Romantic Period in Music
- Modern Era Music
- Jazz Music
- Musical Theater and Popular Music
- Music of the World