About This Chapter
OAE - Biology: Homeostasis of Organisms - Chapter Summary
Re-familiarize yourself with homeostasis and the role it plays in the preservation and development of organisms. We'll help you remember all the terms and scientific laws concerning homeostasis that you'll be tested on during the OAE Biology exam. After this chapter, you'll be ready to:
- Explain how homeostasis regulates growth and reproduction in the body
- Describe how nutrition and exercise affect health
- Discuss the environment's impact on organisms' bodies
- Identify the role of viruses and microorganisms in homeostasis
Review these helpful lessons, each individually crafted by our passionate instructors, to brush up on the phenomenon of homeostasis. Study in the library, in bed, or in the park, from any Internet-capable device. Then, head on over to our self-assessment quizzes to see how much of the material you've retained.
OAE Biology: Homeostasis of Organisms - Chapter Objectives
In the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Biology exam, there are five content domains, each tackling a different topic in biology. One of the five domains, focused on biological unity and diversity, incorporates questions about homeostasis in living organisms. Twenty percent of the questions on the OAE Biology exam appear in this domain. The exam is made up of 150 multiple-choice questions. You will have three hours to complete the test.
New teachers planning on teaching life sciences and those who simply wish to become qualified to teach a new subject, must pass the Biology OAE. The passing score for the exam is 220.
1. Growth, Reproduction & Dynamic Homeostasis in Organisms
What makes something a living thing? In this lesson, you will refresh your knowledge of three important features of living things -- growth, reproduction, and homeostasis.
2. Effects of Nutrition, Exercise & Environment on Health
In this lesson you will learn about how nutrition, exercise, and environment affect your health. A quiz following the lesson will test what you have learned.
3. The Impact of Viruses & Microorganisms on Homeostasis
Viruses and bacteria are so tiny that you can't even see them without a microscope. Even though they are extremely small, both can have a huge impact on how good or how bad you feel. Keep reading to find out more about how a bacteria can make the difference between having a bellyache or not!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Biology (007): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE - Biology: Scientific Inquiry
- OAE - Biology: Scientific Processes
- OAE - Biology: Analysis & Interpretation of Data
- OAE - Biology: Using Laboratory Equipment
- OAE - Biology: History & Issues in Science
- OAE - Biology: Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry
- OAE - Biology: Inorganic Chemistry Foundations
- OAE - Biology: Biochemistry
- OAE - Biology: Prokaryotic Cells
- OAE - Biology: Cell Biology & Cell Cycle
- OAE - Biology: Plant Cells
- OAE - Biology: Cell Division
- OAE - Biology: Protein Synthesis
- OAE - Biology: DNA & RNA
- OAE - Biology: Basic Genetics
- OAE - Biology: History of Life
- OAE - Biology: Taxonomic Systems
- OAE - Biology: Theory of Evolution
- OAE - Biology: Speciation & Genetic Variability
- OAE - Biology: Protists, Fungi & Viruses
- OAE - Biology: Plant Reproduction & Growth
- OAE - Biology: Animal Reproduction & Development
- OAE - Biology: Male Reproductive System
- OAE - Biology: Female Reproductive System
- OAE - Biology: The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory & Musculoskeletal Systems
- OAE - Biology: The Nervous, Immune & Endocrine Systems
- OAE - Biology: Introduction to Disease
- OAE - Biology: Disorders & Diseases of the Body Systems
- OAE - Biology: Populations & Communities
- OAE - Biology: Ecosystems & Biomes
- OAE - Biology: Biochemical Cycles
- OAE - Biology: Effects of Human Activity on the Biosphere