About This Chapter
OAE Biology: Plant Cells - Chapter Summary
To pass the OAE Biology exam, it will be helpful to understand more about plant cells. These video lessons will acquaint you with the structures of chloroplasts and plant cells and define the functions of each. After studying these videos, you will be able to:
- Diagram the structure of a chloroplast
- Explain the purposes of the chlorophyll, stroma, thylakoid, and grana in a chloroplast
- Illustrate the make-up of a plant cell
- Discuss the roles of the cell wall and central vacuole in a plant cell
- Describe the process of photosynthesis
Our trained educators know how to make learning seemingly difficult subjects like plant cells seem like a breeze. Become familiar with key terms and concepts and then test yourself with our sample OAE Biology exam questions.
OAE Biology: Plant Cells Chapter Objectives
Passing the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) is a prerequisite for teaching licensure in the state of Ohio. Those who pass the OAE Biology exam are cleared to teach life science classes to 7th graders and older. In order to earn a passing score, one must earn a 220 on a scale of 100 to 300. The test is three hours long and consists of 150 multiple-choice, stand-alone questions.
The OAE Biology exam consists of five domains, including one focused on biological unity and diversity. This segment of the OAE Biology exam features questions about plant cells which this study guide is designed to help you with. Twenty percent of the questions on the exam are in this domain. The test is computer-based and made up of only stand-alone, multiple-choice questions. Questions are derived from a set of standards for secondary teachers decided on by the Ohio's New Learning Standards.
1. Chloroplast Structure: Chlorophyll, Stroma, Thylakoid, and Grana
In this lesson, we'll explore the parts of the chloroplast, such as the thylakoids and stroma, that make a chloroplast the perfect place for conducting photosynthesis in plant cells.
2. Plant Cell Structures: The Cell Wall and Central Vacuole
In this lesson, we'll talk about some of the things that make plant cells so different from our cells. In addition to being mean, green photosynthesizing machines, plant cells have cell walls and central vacuoles to make them unique!
3. Chlorophyll & Photosynthesis Reactions
What is photosynthesis? And how is chlorophyll vital to that process? Learn all about chlorophyll's role, and then take a quiz to see what you've learned.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Biology (007): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE - Biology: Scientific Inquiry
- OAE - Biology: Scientific Processes
- OAE - Biology: Analysis & Interpretation of Data
- OAE - Biology: Using Laboratory Equipment
- OAE - Biology: History & Issues in Science
- OAE - Biology: Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry
- OAE - Biology: Inorganic Chemistry Foundations
- OAE - Biology: Biochemistry
- OAE - Biology: Prokaryotic Cells
- OAE - Biology: Cell Biology & Cell Cycle
- OAE - Biology: Cell Division
- OAE - Biology: Protein Synthesis
- OAE - Biology: DNA & RNA
- OAE - Biology: Basic Genetics
- OAE - Biology: History of Life
- OAE - Biology: Taxonomic Systems
- OAE - Biology: Theory of Evolution
- OAE - Biology: Speciation & Genetic Variability
- OAE - Biology: Protists, Fungi & Viruses
- OAE - Biology: Plant Reproduction & Growth
- OAE - Biology: Animal Reproduction & Development
- OAE - Biology: Homeostasis of Organisms
- OAE - Biology: Male Reproductive System
- OAE - Biology: Female Reproductive System
- OAE - Biology: The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory & Musculoskeletal Systems
- OAE - Biology: The Nervous, Immune & Endocrine Systems
- OAE - Biology: Introduction to Disease
- OAE - Biology: Disorders & Diseases of the Body Systems
- OAE - Biology: Populations & Communities
- OAE - Biology: Ecosystems & Biomes
- OAE - Biology: Biochemical Cycles
- OAE - Biology: Effects of Human Activity on the Biosphere
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Biology Flashcards