About This Chapter
OAE: Business Math - Chapter Summary
The short video lessons in this chapter are designed to help you prepare for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Marketing test. You can refresh your knowledge of business math concepts to ensure you're ready to address the following on the exam:
- Analyzing bar graphs and pie charts
- Defining the order of operations in math
- Solving problems using fractions, mixed numbers and percents
- Calculating percent increase with relative and cumulative frequency tables
- Understanding how to solve problems using decimal numbers
- Defining proportion, ratios and rates
- Examining financial ratio calculation and analysis
The videos offer a comprehension overview of business math with definitions, analyses and problem-solving techniques you can use to succeed on this portion of the test. Instructors in the video lessons present the concepts in an entertaining manner that makes the learning process fun.
Objectives of the OAE: Business Math Chapter
The topics covered in the OAE: Business Math chapter are located in the employment, communication and problem-solving skills portion of the OAE Marketing exam, which constitutes approximately 25% of the total test. The assessment includes 100 multiple-choice questions and is designed to gauge how well you understand marketing concepts to ensure you're ready to teach them in the classroom. The video lessons in this chapter can ensure you're prepared to tackle business math on the exam. You can also use the short self-assessment quiz with each lesson to test your comprehension of the materials and access questions formatted similarly to those you'll see on test day. If you have any questions about this chapter, instructors are available to help.
1. Understanding Bar Graphs and Pie Charts
In this lesson, we will examine two of the most widely used types of graphs: bar graphs and pie charts. These two graphs can provide the reader with a comparison of the different data that is displayed.
2. What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples
The order of operations is the steps used to simplify any mathematical expression. In this video, learn how to solve problems using these steps and easy tricks to remember them.
3. Solving Problems using Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Fractions don't just live in math problems. They're all around us, helping us through our lives. In this lesson, we'll look at real scenarios where your ability to work with fractions can save the day.
4. Solve Problems Using Percents
Percents are your friend. Think of all the cool things percents do for you. They save you money, and they tell you how well you are doing in school. Learn how you can solve problems with percents in this video lesson.
5. How to Calculate Percent Increase with Relative & Cumulative Frequency Tables
In statistics, one way to describe and analyze data is by using frequency tables. This lesson will discuss relative and cumulative frequencies and how to calculate percent increase using these two methods.
6. Solving Problems Using Decimal Numbers
Problems involving decimal numbers might sound like a way to torture you, but learning how important these types of problems are in the real world is important. In this lesson, you will see a couple areas in life where you routinely encounter decimal number problems.
7. Proportion: Definition, Application & Examples
When we want to compare one ratio, or fraction, to another equivalent ratio, it's a proportion. Learn all about proportions and practice solving proportion problems in this lesson.
8. Ratios & Rates: Definitions & Examples
If we have two items, or two numbers, and we want to compare them, what language can we use? How do we write the comparison? Find out as we learn about ratios and rates in this lesson.
9. Calculations with Ratios and Proportions
Even if only 99 out of 100 people need to know how to work with ratios, the odds that they'll be useful to you are very high. In this lesson, we'll practice performing calculations with ratios and proportions.
10. Financial Ratio Calculation and Analysis
After watching this video lesson, you will understand how financial ratios are calculated. You will also understand where they come from and how to read them.
11. How to Calculate Mean, Median, Mode & Range
Measures of central tendency can provide valuable information about a set of data. In this lesson, explore how to calculate the mean, median, mode and range of any given data set.
12. Calculating the Standard Deviation
In this lesson, we will examine the meaning and process of calculating the standard deviation of a data set. Standard deviation can help to determine if the data set is a normal distribution.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards