About This Chapter
OAE: Business Organization - Chapter Summary
Prepare for your OAE Marketing exam with lessons outlining the advantages and disadvantages of different forms of business ownership. We'll also help you compare and contrast various organizational structures with lessons on the following:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited liability companies
- Types of corporations
- E-business companies
- Traditional and contemporary organizational designs
- Informal organization characteristics
- Mechanistic and organic business structures
- Centralized and decentralized organizations
Watch this chapter's video lessons or read the transcripts to review the exam topics you'd like to focus on. Keep your test-prep goals in sight with self-checking lesson quizzes and a chapter test that can help track your course progress.
OAE: Business Organization Objectives
The OAE Marketing exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions to be completed in two hours of testing. Responses are used to determine examinees' preparedness for an Ohio teaching license in marketing.
Approximately 28% of exam content covers economics, business and entrepreneurship topics, including those related to business organization. Prepare for questions testing your understanding of organizational design and structure as well as the pros and cons associated with partnerships, corporations and other types of business ownership by watching the video lessons in this chapter.
1. What is a Sole Proprietorship? - Definition, Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Many businesses start out as sole proprietorships. In this lesson, you'll learn what a sole proprietorship is and its advantages and disadvantages. You'll also have a chance to reinforce your knowledge with a short quiz.
2. The Basics of Partnerships: Types & Examples
Partnerships are a common way to organize a business in the United States. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of business partnerships and their respective advantages and disadvantages. A short quiz follows the lesson.
3. The Basics of LLCs: Limited Liability Companies
The limited liability company is one of the most popular business organizational forms for small and medium-sized businesses. In this lesson, you'll learn about the key characteristics of a limited liability company. A short quiz follows.
4. Corporations: Types, Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Corporations are a popular form of business organization for large and small businesses. In this lesson, you'll learn about the advantages and disadvantages of a corporation. You'll also learn about S-corporations and C-corporations.
5. E-Business Enhanced and E-Business Enabled Organizations
Businesses use the Internet in different ways. Some use it as a part of their business, while some use it to run the entire business. In this lesson, we will discuss the differences between e-business enhanced and e-business enabled businesses.
6. Organizational Design and Structure
There is a relationship between organizational design and structure because of different factors. Organizational size, organizational life cycle, strategy, environment and technology work together to form a complete organization.
7. Types of Traditional Organizational Designs: Simple, Functional & Divisional Designs
Choosing an organizational structure is an ongoing design process. In this lesson, you will learn to identify types of traditional organizational designs, including simple, functional and divisional designs.
8. Types of Contemporary Organizational Designs: Matrix, Team & Network Designs
Choosing an organizational structure is an ongoing design process. In this lesson, you will learn to identify types of contemporary organizational designs, including matrix, team and network designs.
9. Characteristics of Informal Organizations: The Grapevine & Informal Groups
Have you ever thought about how important the relationships you have with your coworkers are to your organization? This lesson will discuss the common elements of informal organizations including their characteristics, informal groups, and the grapevine.
10. Mechanistic & Organic Organizational Business Structures
Different organizations require different structures. This lesson describes the differences between mechanistic and organic organizational structures by looking at the specifics of organizations.
11. Authority in Centralized & Decentralized Organizations
There are several approaches to authority. In this lesson, learn about the centralized organization, where authority is top-down through a chain of command. Contrast that with the decentralized organization, where authority is assigned at different levels in the hierarchy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards