About This Chapter
OAE Chemistry: Interdisciplinary Relationships in Science - Chapter Summary
Let our instructors show you how math, chemistry and technology interact through brief videos that offer a simple approach to preparing for the OAE Chemistry exam. You'll be ready for questions on the exam about this topic after you view lessons on:
- Connections between science, technology and math
- Science coverage by the media
- Scientific and technological advancements since 1945
Preparing for the OAE Chemistry exam is a simple process with these engaging lessons that break down large concepts into bite-sized chunks, helping you quickly retain crucial info for the exam. Our mobile friendly lessons can be viewed from any location when you have time. You can pick just the lessons you need the most help with or you can view all the lessons in this chapter to enhance your study of this topic for the exam.
OAE Chemistry: Interdisciplinary Relationships in Science - Chapter Objectives
The OAE Chemistry exam tests your knowledge of matter, atomic structure, chemical bonding and reactions, stoichiometry and other chemistry concepts as part of the licensing process for science teachers in Ohio. The exam is in a multiple-choice format, which you can prepare for by taking the self-assessment quizzes that accompany our lessons. Around 18% of the exam's 150 questions cover the nature of science, which is where you'll be asked about interdisciplinary relationships.
1. Similarities Among Systems in Mathematics, Science & Technology
How do the concepts of balance and equilibrium extend throughout science and mathematics? How does solving algebraic equations parallel chemical equilibrium within a solution? See how crucial balance is in our universe as well as how mathematics is used to describe these constant equilibriums.
2. Science in the Mass Media
Learn about the importance of the mass media to communicate scientific discoveries and the many issues with how that communication happens. See how well you understand by taking a quiz.
3. The Advance of Science & Technology Since 1945: Developments & Impact
In this lesson, we explore just a few of the numerous advances and innovations made in the worlds of sciences and technology, from automobiles and televisions to computers and phones that can fit in the palm of your hand.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Chemistry (009): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE Chemistry: Scientific Principles
- OAE Chemistry: Properties of Matter
- OAE Chemistry: Atomic Theory & the Periodic Table
- OAE Chemistry: Chemical Bonds
- OAE Chemistry: Intermolecular Forces
- OAE Chemistry: Liquids & Solids
- OAE Chemistry: Gases
- OAE Chemistry: Solutions & Solubility
- OAE Chemistry: Chemical Reactions & Kinetics
- OAE Chemistry: Chemical Equilibrium
- OAE Chemistry: Acids & Bases
- OAE Chemistry: Thermodynamics
- OAE Chemistry: Inorganic & Organic Compounds
- OAE Chemistry: Redox Reactions & Electrochemistry
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Chemistry Flashcards