About This Chapter
OAE: Entrepreneurship - Chapter Summary
Take another look at what it takes to start and run a successful business. These and other entrepreneurship topics covered in this chapter can help you meet test objectives included on the OAE Marketing exam. Specific topics in these lessons include:
- Characteristics of an entrepreneur
- Economic significance of entrepreneurship
- Small businesses and microenterprises
- Franchise ownership
- Business plans and mission statements
- Financial capital, working capital and start-up budgets
- Small business management
This self-paced chapter allows you to complete a single video in as little as five minutes or take on the whole chapter at once. Multiple-choice quizzes are also included to help focus your test-prep efforts on areas that could use the most attention.
OAE: Entrepreneurship Objectives
The entrepreneurship characteristics, business planning and franchise ownership topics covered in this chapter are just some of the subjects you'll be tested on when you sit for the OAE Marketing exam. Questions like these are found in the Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship content domain, which accounts for roughly 28% of the test questions. There are 100 total multiple-choice questions on this exam; a passing score is required for a marketing career and technical education teacher license in Ohio.
1. What is an Entrepreneur? - Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Entrepreneurship is an important engine of growth in the economy. In this lesson, you'll learn about what an entrepreneur is and the key characteristics and skills that a successful entrepreneur possesses. Some examples of entrepreneurs will also be given.
2. Entrepreneurship & the Economy: Definition & Importance
Entrepreneurs fill a vitally important role in market economies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of entrepreneurship, different types of entrepreneurs and how they add value to an economy.
3. Small Business in the American Economy
Nearly every business starts 'small.' In this lesson, you'll learn how a small business is defined, some characteristics of a small business, and the importance of them in the economy. You'll also learn why some small businesses fail.
4. Franchises: Opportunities and Challenges
Franchises offer a way for a person to start a proven business. In this lesson, you'll learn about franchises, including their advantages and disadvantages. You'll also learn about diversity and global challenges in franchising.
5. Business Plans: How to Develop a Business Mission Statement
Companies must develop an effective business mission statement in order to have an effective foundation for their marketing plan. This lesson explains what a mission statement is and the characteristics of a good business mission statement.
6. Microfinance for Entrepreneurs & Small Businesses
In this lesson, we define what microfinancing is and explore the uses and goals of this incredibly new and exciting form of economic assistance geared toward helping those in the third world.
7. Managing a Small Business
Small businesses are an important engine of growth in an economy. In this lesson, you'll learn about some key areas of small business ownership that an owner should master to be successful. A short quiz follows.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards