About This Chapter
OAE: Human Resources Management - Chapter Summary
Watch this chapter's entertaining videos or read the transcripts to review human resources management principles that you may encounter on the OAE Marketing exam. You can also take short multiple-choice quizzes to test your understanding of topics including:
- Human resources management
- Human resources laws and regulations
- Internal human resources department structure
- Strategic human resources management
- External factors affecting human resources management
- Organizational culture and change
- Organizational development
- Employee behaviors and attitudes
- Barriers to organizational change
Take on as many of these human resources management topics at a time as you'd like. Our self-paced course format lets you stop, start or resume your studies when it's convenient for you.
OAE: Human Resources Management Objectives
In Ohio, passing scores on the OAE Marketing exam are among the requirements for licensure as a career and technical education teacher in this subject area. The Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship content domain area of the test includes questions related to the lessons in this chapter; around 28% of the test's 100 multiple-choice questions are in this section.
Lessons in this chapter can get you ready for business questions covering the effects of organizational change on employees as well as the methods used to overcome barriers to change and manage negative behavioral reactions. We'll also help you prepare for questions on human resources department functions, programs and procedures.
1. Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Human resource management is an essential function of both private and public sector organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn what human resource management is, as well as its objectives and responsibilities in an organization.
2. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
3. The Internal Structure of an HR Department
Human resource management serves a vitally important function in most organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn how an organization may structure its human resource management functions within the organization.
4. Aligning HRM and Organizational Strategy
Successful businesses have a strategic vision and know how to implement it. In this lesson, you'll learn how human resource management (HRM) can align its organizational functions with the overall strategy of its organization.
5. External Factors Impacting HRM
Businesses don't operate in a bubble and neither does human resource management. In this lesson, you'll learn about some important external factors that impact human resource management. A short quiz follows the lesson.
6. Organizational Culture and Change
Organizational change involving altering processes and systems within a company often affects the existing group norms, beliefs and values. This makes change a challenge for managers. There are tactics managers can use to institute change in a positive and welcoming way.
7. What Is Organizational Development? - Executing Organizational Change
Organizational development is the process of helping organizations improve through change in policies, power, leadership, control or job redesign. This lesson explores organizational climate, organizational culture and organizational strategy, the three main sections of organizational development theory.
8. Employee Behavior & Attitudes During Organizational Change
Change can be difficult for organizations. The fear of the unknown, fear of loss, fear of failure, disruption of relationships, certain personalities and internal politics are the main reasons for rejecting change. In order to manage change, the company needs to offer communication, support and participation.
9. Overcoming Barriers to Change in Organizations
Overcoming barriers to change in an organization can be difficult. There are some basic strategies that can help improve the acceptance of major changes within a company.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards