About This Chapter
OAE: Market Research - Chapter Summary
The short video lessons in this chapter can help you get reacquainted with market research concepts as you get ready to take the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Marketing test. Watch the lessons to examine specific topics so you'll be ready to address the following on the exam:
- Defining and identifying the purpose of market research
- Examining market research, test marketing and marketing statistics
- Establishing a marketing research project
- Defining primary data
- Analyzing secondary data
- Constructing graphs from data
The instructors in these video lessons make it fun to learn about market research by using entertaining visual aids to present the materials. This engaging approach can enhance the learning experience while ensuring you're fully prepared to take the test.
Objectives of the OAE: Market Research Chapter
The topics covered in this chapter are found in the marketing principles section of the OAE Marketing test, which constitutes about 22% of the total exam. All of the 100 questions on this exam are multiple choice and come in the form of short paragraphs, statements or questions. The test gauges how well you understand marketing to determine whether you're prepared to secure your educator license in Ohio to teach this subject in a classroom setting.
In addition to watching the short video lessons in this chapter, you can read video transcripts to ensure you understand the materials. Lesson quizzes and a chapter exam are also available to test your readiness to take the exam and give you access to questions formatted similarly to those you'll see on test day.
1. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
2. Marketing Controls: Market Research, Test Marketing & Marketing Statistics
In this lesson, we will explain the purpose of marketing controls and explore related concepts, such as market research, test marketing, and marketing statistics.
3. How to Establish a Marketing Research Project
Most consumers don't realize how much behind-the-scenes research and analysis goes into the marketing of a product. With millions of dollars at stake, marketers must use information available to formulate a key marketing plan, decision or change in strategy.
4. Secondary Data in Marketing Research: Definition, Sources & Collection
Marketing research requires data, and secondary data is often the most convenient and cost-effective option. In this lesson, you'll learn about secondary data, including its sources and how to collect it.
5. How to Construct Graphs from Data
This video describes how to create a line graph and explains the four main parts that graphs need to contain: 1. previously collected data, 2. picture representations, 3. use of the correct graph type, and 4. labels. This lesson also covers dependent and independent variables.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards