About This Chapter
OAE: Marketing & Promotions - Chapter Summary
This chapter offers video lessons on marketing and promotions designed to make preparing for the OAE Marketing assessment simple. After reviewing the lessons, you should be able to answer questions on the exam that address the following:
- Examining target markets, buying decisions and more
- Understanding goals of promotion and the marketing mix
- Analyzing sales promotion in the promotional marketing mix
- Describing trade and consumer sales promotions
- Exploring the consumer communication process
- Analyzing consumer awareness of promotion
- Defining web-based sales promotion
The videos offer an exciting look into marketing and promotions, ensuring you have the comprehensive overview you deserve while making the learning process fun. In no time, you should feel ready to tackle the portion of the OAE Marketing exam covering these concepts.
Objectives of the OAE: Marketing & Promotions Chapter
The OAE Marketing assessment tests your readiness to obtain your educator license to teach marketing in Ohio. This chapter covers topics found in the sales, promotions and merchandise control domain, which constitutes about 25% of the total test. Our lessons makes it easy for you to examine marketing and promotions as you prepare for the exam. You can utilize video timelines that allow you to watch the lessons you need and skip the rest for a more efficient learning experience. After completing each lesson, you can take a self-assessment quiz that gauges your comprehension of the materials while offering access to questions formatted similarly to those you'll encounter on the exam.
The OAE Marketing test is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions that may ask you to analyze a circumstance, complete a sentence or solve a problem. A diagram, table or graph may be present to help you conceptualize the question. Following each question are four answers, one of which you will be asked to choose as the best response. You'll have 120 minutes to complete this test.
1. The Promotional Mix: Target Markets, Buying Decisions & More
The promotional mix is one of the 4 Ps of the marketing mix. It consists of public relations, advertising, sales promotion and personal selling. In this lesson, you'll learn how a marketing team uses the promotional mix to reach company objectives and goals.
2. Goals of Promotion and the Marketing Mix
Before deciding on a final campaign, marketing managers need to decide what the promotional goals will be for their overall marketing strategy. Depending on the type of product, marketers need to either inform, persuade or remind consumers about product benefits and features.
3. Sales Promotion in the Promotional Marketing Mix
Marketers use a wide range of sales promotion tools to incentivize consumers and intermediaries to buy. Watch this video to learn more about these tools and how they work.
4. Trade Sales Promotion and the Promotional Marketing Mix
Manufacturers offer all kinds of incentives to retailers to help sell their products. Watch this video to learn more about trade promotion and its goals, including persuading retailers, encouraging promotion, and maintaining stock.
5. Consumer Sales Promotion: Definition and Purpose
Manufacturers offer many kinds of incentives to encourage consumers to buy their products once they reach a retailer. Watch this video to learn more about how consumer sales promotion entices customers to buy.
6. Promotion and the Consumer Communication Process
The marketing communication process' sole purpose is to translate the promotional message effectively to the end consumer. The communication process contains multiple components that must be planned and produced with a message that connects with the target market.
7. Consumer Awareness of Promotion: The AIDA Acronym
Have you ever sampled foods in a grocery store? This is one of the techniques marketing companies use to draw your business. In this lesson, you'll learn about how consumers become engaged in a promotional message. Discover the AIDA concept and understand how consumers respond to a marketing message.
8. Web-based Sales Promotion: Definition & Basic Strategies
There are many ways to promote products and services online. Effective use of Web-based sales promotions can help a company market their specials and sales to consumers. Let's further explore web-based sales promotions
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards