About This Chapter
OAE: Marketing Strategy - Chapter Summary
As you get ready to take the OAE Marketing test, it's good to refresh your knowledge of the marketing mix and other concepts you'll find on the exam. In this chapter, you can explore videos that examine marketing strategy to ensure you're ready to answer questions that address the following:
- Defining and identifying the objective of marketing strategies
- Examining the importance of international marketing
- Analyzing the marketing environment
- Identifying market strategies for a successful business
- Understanding how to identify strategic alternatives in marketing
- Describing consumer behavior theory and marketing strategy
- Examining product, place, price and promotion
These video lessons are designed to provide the in-depth look at marketing strategy you need to succeed on the portion of the OAE Marketing test covering this topic. You can watch the videos at your leisure to ensure you learn at a pace that allows you to fully absorb the concepts.
OAE: Marketing Strategy Chapter Objectives
The OAE Marketing test is designed to gauge your readiness to secure an educator license to teach marketing concepts in Ohio. The exam includes 100 multiple-choice questions that cover four subareas within marketing. Some questions include a table, diagram or graph that helps you conceptualize and solve a problem. The topics found in this chapter are a part of the marketing principles domain of the test, which constitutes approximately 22% of the entire exam.
Prepare for this test by watching the entertaining video lessons in this chapter; you can access full video transcripts to enjoy a written version of the lessons. Self-assessment quizzes can help reinforce the concepts you learned while providing access to questions similar to those you'll see on the exam.
1. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
Companies cannot just concentrate on domestic markets if they are to remain competitive. Global marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas.
2. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
3. Target Market Strategies for Successful Business
If you've ever felt persuaded to buy an item by an ad, you've likely been defined as part of a target market. Though you may not know it, advertisements are created specifically for people similar to you. In this lesson, you'll learn how marketing firms identify a target market, create basic target market strategies and use a marketing mix for a product or service.
4. How to Identify Strategic Alternatives in Marketing
Marketing managers must decide the type of strategic alternative that will be undertaken for their marketing plan. Managers can choose from four options to increase sales and profits.
5. Consumer Behavior Theory and Marketing Strategy
Watch this lesson to find out how marketers can use predictions about our behavior to create a strategy that helps them reach out to us and influence our decisions to buy.
6. The Marketing Mix: Product, Place, Price & Promotion
A marketing plan is the central part of the overall marketing strategy. A marketing plan's main focus is the marketing mix, which consists of product, place, promotion and price decisions. All four elements are very flexible and have many options. The main purpose of the marketing mix is to effectively communicate with the target market.
7. International Marketing Mix and the 4 Ps of Marketing
In this lesson, we will discuss how to adjust the marketing mix when pursuing an international market. Additionally, the Internet's impact on the marketing mix will be discussed.
8. Retail Marketing Mix vs. Traditional Marketing Mix
In this lesson, find out how personnel and presentation round out the traditional four Ps of the marketing mix to create the retail marketing mix. Then, follow along as our farmer implements the six Ps into a new retail store.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards