About This Chapter
OAE Mathematics: Sampling - Chapter Summary
If you're studying for your OAE Mathematics exam, use these fun video lessons to help you master the sampling concepts you may see on the test. As you work through this chapter, you will review:
- Random sampling conditions and methods
- Simple vs. stratified random samples
- Cluster and systematic random samples
- The central limit theorem
- Calculating mean and standard of error
- How to calculate probabilities about means
Practice the techniques and theories presented in the lessons by working through the quizzes. You'll be able to see how well you've comprehended the sampling concepts from the videos and pinpoint any ideas that could use additional review.
Objectives of the OAE Mathematics: Sampling Chapter
This chapter uses videos, transcripts, quizzes and instructor support to help you master the sampling methods and ideas you'll be tested on during the OAE Mathematics certification assessment. Use the self-assessments to practice the sampling concepts you need and preview the OAE format.
You'll be tested in five content domains, and sampling questions could appear in the statistics, probability and discrete math section, which makes up 19% of the test. The entire 150-question test is administered by computer. You will have no more than four hours and fifteen minutes to complete the exam.
1. What is Random Sampling? - Definition, Conditions & Measures
Random sampling is used in many research scenarios. In this lesson, you will learn how to use random sampling and find out the benefits and risks of using random samples.
2. Simple Random Samples: Definition & Examples
Simple random sampling is a common method used to collect data in many different fields. From psychology to economics, simple random sampling can be the most feasible way to get information. Learn all about it in this lesson!
3. Stratified Random Samples: Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Random sampling isn't always simple! There are many different types of sampling. In this lesson, you will learn how to use stratified random sampling and when it is most appropriate to use it.
4. Cluster Random Samples: Definition, Selection & Examples
Cluster random sampling is one of many ways you can collect data. Sometimes it can be confusing knowing which way is best. This lesson explains cluster random sampling, how to use it, and the differences between cluster and stratified sampling.
5. Systematic Random Samples: Definition, Formula & Advantages
Systematic random sampling is a great way to randomly collect data on a population without the hassle of putting names in a bag or using a random number generator. In this lesson, learn all about how and when to use systematic random sampling.
6. Sampling Distributions & the Central Limit Theorem: Definition, Formula & Examples
Want proof that all of this normal distribution talk actually makes sense? Then you've come to the right place. In this lesson, we look at sampling distributions and the idea of the central limit theorem, a basic component of statistics.
7. Find the Mean & Standard Error of the Sampling Distribution
Have you ever had a situation where one grade destroyed your average? Wouldn't you like a way of proving that your work was actually pretty good with that one exception? The standard error gives you such a chance.
8. Finding Probabilities About Means Using the Central Limit Theorem
The central limit theorem provides us with a very powerful approach for solving problems involving large amount of data. In this lesson, we'll explore how this is done as well as conditions that make this theorem valid.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Mathematics (027): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE Mathematics: Properties of Real Numbers
- OAE Mathematics: Fractions
- OAE Mathematics: Decimals & Percents
- OAE Mathematics: Ratios & Proportions
- OAE Mathematics: Units of Measure & Conversion
- OAE Mathematics: Logic
- OAE Mathematics: Reasoning
- OAE Mathematics: Vector Operations
- OAE Mathematics: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- OAE Mathematics: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Algebraic Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Linear Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Inequalities
- OAE Mathematics: Absolute Value
- OAE Mathematics: Quadratic Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Polynomials
- OAE Mathematics: Rational Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Radical Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Systems of Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Complex Numbers
- OAE Mathematics: Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Piecewise Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Continuity of a Function
- OAE Mathematics: Limits
- OAE Mathematics: Rate of Change
- OAE Mathematics: Derivative Rules
- OAE Mathematics: Graphing Derivatives
- OAE Mathematics: Applications of Derivatives
- OAE Mathematics: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- OAE Mathematics: Integration Techniques
- OAE Mathematics: Applications of Integration
- OAE Mathematics: Foundations of Geometry
- OAE Mathematics: Geometric Figures
- OAE Mathematics: Properties of Triangles
- OAE Mathematics: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- OAE Mathematics: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- OAE Mathematics: Quadrilaterals
- OAE Mathematics: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- OAE Mathematics: Conic Sections
- OAE Mathematics: Geometric Solids
- OAE Mathematics: Analytical Geometry
- OAE Mathematics: Trigonometric Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Trigonometric Graphs
- OAE Mathematics: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Trigonometric Identities
- OAE Mathematics: Sequences & Series
- OAE Mathematics: Set Theory
- OAE Mathematics: Statistics Overview
- OAE Mathematics: Summarizing Data
- OAE Mathematics: Tables, Plots & Graphs
- OAE Mathematics: Probability
- OAE Mathematics: Discrete Probability Distributions
- OAE Mathematics: Continuous Probability Distributions
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Mathematics Flashcards