About This Chapter
OAE Mathematics - Tables, Plots and Graphs - Chapter Summary
Re-discover the rules for creating and working with tables, plots and graphs when you watch this chapter's educational online video lessons. The chapter outlines strategies for interpreting bar graphs and pie charts. As you watch the lessons, you'll learn key points that will help you answer questions on the OAE Mathematics examination. These video lessons could guide you in:
- Using relative frequency tables and cumulative frequency tables
- Interpreting frequency polygons and dot plots
- Working with stem and leaf displays and histograms
- Creating box plots
- Reading pie charts and bar graphs
- Defining bivariate data
The lessons are put together and presented by experts who want you to understand all there is to know about tables, plots and graphs. If you have questions, you can submit them to the lesson instructors. Study while you're on the move - all you need is a web-connected device. When you've finished the lessons, make sure to take the self-assessment quizzes that measure your progress.
OAE Mathematics - Tables, Plots and Graphs Chapter Objectives
Your grasp of this chapter's material and your performance on its self-assessment quizzes could indicate your readiness to answer these kinds of questions on the mathematics endorsement test. Much of what is covered in this chapter can be found on the five-part OAE Mathematics examination. It is computer based and consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. You'll have four hours and 15 minutes to complete the examination and demonstrate your qualifications for the addition of a mathematics endorsement to your teaching certificate.
1. Frequency & Relative Frequency Tables: Definition & Examples
Frequency and relative frequency tables are a good way to visualize information. This is especially useful for information that is grouped into categories where you are looking for popularity or mode.
2. Cumulative Frequency Tables: Definition, Uses & Examples
Cumulative frequency tables can help you analyze and understand large amounts of information. In this lesson, you practice creating and interpreting cumulative frequency tables.
3. Creating & Reading Stem & Leaf Displays
Every once in a while you will come across stem-and-leaf displays in statistics. These displays can be very useful in identifying all of the values in a data set while still visually representing the data.
4. Creating & Interpreting Histograms: Process & Examples
Creating histograms can help you easily identify and interpret data. This lesson will give you several examples to better understand histograms and how to create them.
5. Creating & Interpreting Frequency Polygons: Process & Examples
Frequency polygons can be used to analyze data sets in many different ways. They are also a great way to visualize and compare two sets of data. In this lesson, learn the uses and create a frequency polygon.
6. Creating & Interpreting Dot Plots: Process & Examples
Dot plots are a visual way to display the frequency distribution in a data set. In this lesson, you will learn how to construct a dot plot and understand its uses.
7. Creating & Interpreting Box Plots: Process & Examples
Box plots are an essential tool in statistical analysis. This lesson will help you create a box plot and understand its meaning. When you are finished, test your understanding with a short quiz!
8. Understanding Bar Graphs and Pie Charts
In this lesson, we will examine two of the most widely used types of graphs: bar graphs and pie charts. These two graphs can provide the reader with a comparison of the different data that is displayed.
9. What is Bivariate Data? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will be learning about the definition and uses of bivariate data. We will also compare and contrast the characteristics of univariate data and bivariate data.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Mathematics (027): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE Mathematics: Properties of Real Numbers
- OAE Mathematics: Fractions
- OAE Mathematics: Decimals & Percents
- OAE Mathematics: Ratios & Proportions
- OAE Mathematics: Units of Measure & Conversion
- OAE Mathematics: Logic
- OAE Mathematics: Reasoning
- OAE Mathematics: Vector Operations
- OAE Mathematics: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- OAE Mathematics: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Algebraic Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Linear Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Inequalities
- OAE Mathematics: Absolute Value
- OAE Mathematics: Quadratic Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Polynomials
- OAE Mathematics: Rational Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Radical Expressions
- OAE Mathematics: Systems of Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Complex Numbers
- OAE Mathematics: Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Piecewise Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Continuity of a Function
- OAE Mathematics: Limits
- OAE Mathematics: Rate of Change
- OAE Mathematics: Derivative Rules
- OAE Mathematics: Graphing Derivatives
- OAE Mathematics: Applications of Derivatives
- OAE Mathematics: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- OAE Mathematics: Integration Techniques
- OAE Mathematics: Applications of Integration
- OAE Mathematics: Foundations of Geometry
- OAE Mathematics: Geometric Figures
- OAE Mathematics: Properties of Triangles
- OAE Mathematics: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- OAE Mathematics: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- OAE Mathematics: Quadrilaterals
- OAE Mathematics: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- OAE Mathematics: Conic Sections
- OAE Mathematics: Geometric Solids
- OAE Mathematics: Analytical Geometry
- OAE Mathematics: Trigonometric Functions
- OAE Mathematics: Trigonometric Graphs
- OAE Mathematics: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- OAE Mathematics: Trigonometric Identities
- OAE Mathematics: Sequences & Series
- OAE Mathematics: Set Theory
- OAE Mathematics: Statistics Overview
- OAE Mathematics: Summarizing Data
- OAE Mathematics: Probability
- OAE Mathematics: Discrete Probability Distributions
- OAE Mathematics: Continuous Probability Distributions
- OAE Mathematics: Sampling
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Mathematics Flashcards