About This Chapter
OAE: Principles of Marketing - Chapter Summary
Make preparing for the OAE Marketing test simple by utilizing resources in this chapter, including short video lessons that provide a comprehensive overview of the general principles of marketing. Reviewing the videos can ensure you're ready to answer questions on the exam that address the following:
- Defining and reviewing the applications of marketing
- Examining the structure and roles of a marketing department
- Understanding marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientation
- Analyzing how business marketing differs from consumer marketing
- Examining how producers, resellers, governments and institutions relate to business marketing
- Defining marketing ethics
- Analyzing the impact of technology on marketing and marketers
Instructors present the video lessons in a detailed fashion that ensures you fully comprehend the principles of marketing. The videos are also visually entertaining, which helps make the learning process fun.
OAE: Principles of Marketing Chapter Objectives
The OAE Marketing exam is designed to gauge your readiness to secure marketing educator licensure in the state and teach the subject in the classroom. The topics covered in this Principles of Marketing chapter are found in the marketing principles domain, which constitutes approximately 22% of the total exam. In addition to watching video lessons to gain greater insight into the subject, you can take self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam to test your understanding of the lessons. Instructors are available to answer any questions you may have about the chapter.
The exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions that are based on specific test competencies. Most questions take the form of a short paragraph, sentence or question. Following each question are four answers, one of which you must select as the best response.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Marketing Department: Structure & Roles
Marketing is a critical activity within a company, and there are specific roles that are necessary to the success of a marketing team. Learn what common roles support the marketing efforts of an organization.
3. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
4. B2B vs. B2C: How Business Marketing Differs from Consumer Marketing
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must develop a business selling strategy and be aware of the five different aspects of business buying behavior compared to consumer buying.
5. Business Marketing: Producers, Resellers, Governments & Institutions
In this lesson, you will learn about the four different business markets and what makes them different from each other. You will learn how each business market typically buys goods and services and why it is important for marketers to be able to distinguish between these types of markets.
6. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
7. Technology's Impact on Marketing and Marketers
How does technology impact marketing and marketers? In this lesson, you will gain a better understanding of technology, marketing and marketers and of how each one impacts the other.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards