About This Chapter
OAE: Product Planning in Marketing - Chapter Summary
The video lessons in this chapter can help you prepare to answer questions on the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Marketing assessment that cover product planning. Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to answer questions on the following topics:
- Definition of business products
- The product development process
- New product types
- Developing and marketing new consumer products
- New product adoption
- Product and service life cycles
- Branding and brand equity
Instructors in this chapter offer comprehensive product planning lessons that can ensure you're ready to tackle these concepts on the exam. The video lessons are visually entertaining, which makes the learning process fun.
OAE: Product Planning in Marketing Chapter Objectives
The topics covered in this product planning chapter are located in the marketing principles portion of the exam. This is one of four domain areas within the test, and questions in this area constitute approximately 22% of the entire test. All of the 100 questions on the exam are multiple choice and based on specific test competencies that can ensure you fully understand marketing definitions and strategies and are able to solve problems. You will be required to read each question then choose the best response from a set of four answers.
The OSE Marketing assessment is designed to gauge your comprehension of specific marketing concepts to ensure you're ready to secure your teaching license in Ohio and teach these concepts in the classroom. The resources in this chapter are designed to get you closer to succeeding on the exam. In addition to watching video lessons, you can take self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam to reinforce your comprehension of the materials. Instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have about the chapter.
1. What is a Business Product: Definition for Marketers
In this lesson, you'll find out the difference between a consumer product and a business product. You will also learn about the different business categories and seven types of business products.
2. Product Development and Business Growth: Process & Strategies
Product development is an essential part of any company's growth strategy. It allows for growth in sales and market share. This development, though, is a finely tuned process that we will discuss in this lesson.
3. Types of New Products: New Product Lines, Product Improvements & More
You will learn about the types of new product categories, such as new product lines or repositioned products, and the new product development process, from idea generation to commercialization.
4. How to Develop and Market New Consumer Products
In this lesson, you will learn the six stages of the new product development process that companies use when they develop new consumer products. You'll also learn why it is important for companies that develop new consumer products to use this process.
5. How a New Product is Adopted by Consumers
In this lesson, you will learn the five stages consumers go through to determine whether or not to adopt a product that is new to the marketplace. You will also learn why it is important for companies introducing new products to understand the adoption process their customers use.
6. Product & Service Life Cycles: Definition, Stages & Management
In this lesson, we define what the product/service life cycle is so readers will have a general understanding of its use. The lesson also breaks down each of the four stages and what products/services encounter during each stage.
7. Branding and Brand Equity in Business Marketing
Brand and brand equity go hand-in-hand in the marketing arena. Here, we will discuss how a brand develops and how that leads to increased brand equity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards