About This Chapter
OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter to prepare for questions on the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Marketing exam about promotional strategies and the principles of promotional design. In this chapter, watch expert instructors in a series of short engaging lesson videos discuss the following topics:
- Types of promotional strategies
- Procedures used to develop media advertisements
- Applications of design principles in marketing
- Uses of textual graphics and visual graphics
- Functions and elements of visual design
These lessons are mobile device compatible so can review these topics without being limited to your computer. If you feel you would benefit from an alternative review of this information, read the lesson transcripts that are written overviews of the lessons. Following these lessons, test your understanding of the information with the lesson quizzes. With the results from these assessments, you can find topics you don't understand then return to the lessons via video tags to improve your mastery over them.
OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing Objectives
Future marketing educators in the state of Ohio take the OAE Marketing test to demonstrate their understanding of marketing before they are awarded certification. Test takers of this computer-based exam are asked 100 multiple-choice questions in a 120-minutes testing session. Of the material covered by these questions, 25% belongs to the domain of Sales, Promotions and Merchandise Control, and this section includes questions about promotional strategies and design. Use the lesson videos and assessments in this chapter to improve your understanding of promotional strategies, media advertisements and principles of design to prepare for these questions.
1. Developing a Media Advertisement: Factors & Procedures
Developing a media advertisement can be a great way to promote your business, products or services. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the factors and procedures involved in preparing a media advertisement.
2. The Role of Visuals in Communication
Visuals used in business communication can help with message development. This lesson will explain how the use of visuals can increase understanding, development, communication, and the retainment of a message.
3. How to Apply Design Principles to Marketing
In this lesson we'll explore some of the most common design principles that are used by marketing strategists. The ultimate goal for a marketer is to improve the chances that a potential customer will remember and purchase their product.
4. Using Visuals to Present Data: Textual Graphics vs. Visual Graphics
Textual and visual graphics can aid in visually presenting data to a business audience. You must first identify the type of data you will be presenting and then decide whether it is details, patterns or relationships being communicated.
5. Visual Design & Display in Marketing: Functions & Elements
In this lesson you will learn about the different types of visual images used in marketing and different techniques for pairing visuals with headlines and other elements. The lesson will also include information about visual hierarchy and artistic elements, such as negative space.
6. Visual Design of Your Message: Consistency, Balance, Restraint & Detail
The visual design of your message is critical to the successful delivery of your ideas. Consistency, balance, restraint and detail are the four key areas that need to be addressed to allow a professional impression of your work.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards