About This Chapter
OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing - Chapter Summary
Re-examine various sales techniques to get ready for OAE Marketing exam questions. Video lessons and quizzes in this chapter can help you take another look at such topics as:
- Traditional and relationship selling methods
- Personal selling techniques
- The retail selling processes
- Unique selling proposition
- E-commerce and m-commerce
This chapter's videos and transcripts allow you to find out exactly which sales topics are covered on the OAE exam and revisit those you're interested in studying. The multiple-choice quizzes can also help confirm when you're ready for these types of test questions.
OAE: Sales Strategy in Marketing Objectives
The 100 multiple-choice questions included on the OAE Marketing exam are used to measure the content area knowledge of Ohio's prospective marketing career and technical education teachers. The exam is broken into four content domain areas; the content of this chapter is found within the sales, promotion, and merchandise control area, which makes up about 25% of the test questions.
Lessons in this chapter are designed to hone your knowledge of various sales techniques, so you can successfully answer questions testing your ability to select the right approach for initiating a sale, presenting a product or service, and closing a sale.
1. Relationship Selling vs. Traditional Methods: Definition and Purpose
Promoting is an important method of communicating the benefits of a product or service. The traditional way of selling does not take into account developing a long-term relationship with customers and is more concerned with just making a sale. The proper way of selling in a marketing environment is relationship selling. This is concerned with solving customer product needs and delivering long-term customer service.
2. Personal Selling: The Steps of the Selling Process
This lesson introduces you to the concept of personal selling. You will learn about the steps in the personal selling process, including how to close a deal.
3. e-commerce & m-commerce: Buying & Selling on the Web & Mobile Devices
E-commerce and m-commerce have transformed the way that organizations and consumers conduct business. Additional topics discussed in this lesson include B2B, B2C, C2C, and e-government.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Marketing (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- OAE: Principles of Marketing
- OAE: Market Research
- OAE: Marketing Strategy
- OAE: Market Segmentation
- OAE: Product Planning in Marketing
- OAE: Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- OAE: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- OAE: Marketing for Consumer Decision Making
- OAE: Marketing & Promotions
- OAE: Promotional Design in Marketing
- OAE: Merchandising & Inventory in Marketing
- OAE: Macroeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Microeconomics & Marketing
- OAE: Business Organization
- OAE: Entrepreneurship
- OAE: Finance & Credit
- OAE: Human Resources Management
- OAE: Human Resources & Staffing
- OAE: Business Law for Marketing
- OAE: Business Communication
- OAE: Business Math
- OAE: Business Technology
- OAE: Information Systems
- OAE: Management & Leadership
- OAE: Marketing Education
- OAE: Marketing Careers
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Marketing Flashcards