About This Chapter
Oceans & Islands Geography Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Make learning about Earth's islands and bodies of water easy and fun for your students by incorporating these lesson plans and the related materials into your geography program. These short but comprehensive lessons present well-researched information in kid-friendly doses, so your students remain engaged as they learn. By using these materials, you can develop:
- Lessons on Earth's bodies of water
- Classroom assignments on the Bermuda Triangle's history, theories and mysteries
- Informative lessons on the location, climate and facts about the Atlantic Ocean
- Exciting and fun activities on the Galapagos Islands
How It Helps
- Common core: Helps you be sure that your lessons on oceans and islands are in accordance with current standards in education
- Homework/classwork suggestions: Offers ideas for assignments on islands and oceans for your students to complete at home or in class
- Games and activities: Provides interesting, fun games and activities that will help you teach your students about the Galapagos Islands
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning lessons on oceans and islands easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific topics you want to cover in your class on oceans and islands.
- Formulate your class outline on oceans and islands using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related lessons for each oceans and islands lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important concepts from these lessons on oceans and islands.
- Engage your students with relevant discussion questions or other materials related to oceans and islands found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Australia Lesson Plan for High School
Do you need a fun and simple way to teach your high school students about Australia? This lesson plan is designed to support your instruction using a short and informative text lesson. A creative research activity is included to engage students further.
2. Australia Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Why is Australia referred to as the Land Down Under? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to summarize key facts about Australia for students. A fun activity gives students a meaningful Australian takeaway.
3. Australia Facts: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wanted to travel to Australia, the country down under? Take a virtual field trip to explore this country's culture, wildlife and history!
4. Australian Flag Lesson Plan
What does the flag of Australia look like and how is its design representative of the country's history? This lesson plan summarizes key facts about the flag with the help of a text lesson. A hands-on activity allows students to create their own flag of Australia.
5. Australian Flag Facts: Meaning & History
In this lesson you will learn about the flag of Australia. First you'll learn a little about its history and how the flag was chosen, and then you will learn about the current debate over whether the flag should be changed.
6. Australian States Activities & Games
Australia is a big and fascinating place that can be a lot of fun to learn about. This lesson equips teachers with classroom activities and games designed to teach students about the Australian states.
7. Geography of the South Pacific & Australia Activities for High School
Games and interactive activities help students engage with the topic at hand. This lesson offers activities that will fully engage your students while reviewing the geographical aspects of the South Pacific and Australia.
8. Bodies of Water Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Is it an ocean or a sea? Is there a difference? This lesson plan will guide you to helping your students answer these questions and more through a text lesson, discussion, artistic expression, active games and research.
9. Bodies of Water: Lesson for Kids
Water is such an important part of our lives, and all living things need it to survive. It covers most of our Earth in many different forms. This lesson describes the bodies of water and the differences between them.
10. Atlantic Ocean Lesson Plan
Educate your students about the Atlantic Ocean and its climate with this lesson plan. Students will review a text lesson, have discussions, take a follow-up quiz, and participate in related activities to solidify concepts.
11. Atlantic Ocean: Location, Facts & Climate
This lesson is about the Atlantic Ocean, the second largest ocean in the world. We'll explore the climate, ecosystems and location of the Atlantic Ocean, as well as some fascinating facts.
12. Bermuda Triangle Lesson Plan
Educate your students about the Bermuda Triangle with this lesson plan. They will peruse a text lesson, take a related quiz to follow up, and participate in three fun hands-on activities to reinforce newly learned material.
13. Bermuda Triangle: History, Mystery & Theories
The Bermuda Triangle is one of the modern world's favorite mysteries. In this lesson, we'll examine the history behind this legend and see how scientists have tried to explain it.
14. Bermuda Triangle Project Ideas
These projects will give your students the chance to learn about the lore and facts behind the mysterious Bermuda Triangle. They can be adapted to fit into most classrooms.
15. Galapagos Islands Games & Activities
The Galápagos Islands are beautiful and unique. For this reason, we should teach this topic to give our students some very interesting activities and games to play while learning.
16. Bodies of Water Activities for Elementary School
Is it a lake? Is it a river? No, it's an ocean! The games and activities in this lesson will engage your students in learning about different bodies of water while having fun.
17. New Zealand Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Students will learn general facts and a brief history of New Zealand and have an opportunity to research topics they find interesting. The lesson includes a game to test the students' knowledge.
18. New Zealand Lesson Plan
New Zealand is a beautiful country in the South Pacific. Your students will learn interesting facts about New Zealand as they read text lessons, create posters and take a quiz.
19. New Zealand: Culture, History & Facts
This lesson goes over a few cool tidbits about New Zealand. You'll learn some important facts about it, a brief history of it, and some cool cultural insights into it.
20. Create Your Own Island Lesson Plan
Teach your students how to create their own islands with this helpful lesson plan. They will take part in discussion questions about the topic, and also participate in a hands-on activity.
21. Ocean Floor Project Ideas
Ocean floors can be fascinating environments for students to study. With these project ideas, your students can find engaging and hands-on ways to apply their knowledge about ocean floors.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Geography Lesson Plans & Resources course