About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the main events of this novel will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the summary of the novel and each chapter. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing events and people associated with Of Mice and Men
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Of Mice and Men: Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Of Mice and Men: Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about Of Mice and Men chapters for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Steinbeck's style
- Summaries from each chapter
- Analysis and summary of the book as a whole
- Significant quotes from the novel
1. Of Mice and Men: Summary and Analysis of Steinbeck's Style
John Steinbeck's 'Of Mice and Men' is one of the most enduring American stories of friendship. Watch this video lesson to learn about its characters, main plot events and key themes.
2. Of Mice and Men Chapter 1: Summary & Quotes
We will explore the first chapter of 'Of Mice and Men,' where we meet the two main characters, in this lesson through examples and quotes from the chapter.
3. Of Mice and Men Chapter 2: Summary & Quotes
In this lesson, we look at chapter two of Of Mice and Men. In chapter two, we travel with George and Lennie to a new job. Here we meet most of the characters in the novel. Chapter two also heavily foreshadows a tragic ending.
4. Of Mice and Men Chapter 3: Summary & Quotes
This lesson will summarize chapter three of John Steinbeck's 'Of Mice and Men,' exploring the story that George tells Slim about Lennie's past as well as the major events of Curley and Lennie's fight and Candy's dog's death.
5. Of Mice and Men Chapter 4: Summary & Quotes
This lesson will cover the events of Chapter Four of ''Of Mice and Men'', where we meet Crooks and explore the prevalent theme of loneliness in this chapter.
6. Of Mice and Men Chapter 5: Summary & Quotes
In this lesson, we will look at Chapter Five of 'Of Mice and Men', where the climax of the book occurs when Lennie kills Curley's wife and is forced to run away and hide.
7. Of Mice and Men Chapter 6: Summary & Quotes
Chapter 6 of 'Of Mice and Men' reveals the fates of the two main characters, George and Lennie, and the events leading up to the conclusion. Read this lesson for a summary of the chapter.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.