About This Chapter
Office Roles & Positions in Spanish - Chapter Summary
Study office roles and positions in Spanish with these helpful language resources. Each lesson breaks down relevant vocabulary and phrases as well as covers verb tenses. You can also enhance your listening skills by examining sample conversations about jobs. We encourage you to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to make sure you fully understand these concepts and are able to apply them properly. This chapter's lessons are designed to help you:
- Understand Spanish words for several office roles, including bosses, managers, employees, accountants and staff
- Know how to use the subjunctive tense in Spanish
- Conjugate and use the present perfect, past perfect and imperfect subjunctive tenses
- Form the conditional tense and understand why its used
- Use the conditional and imperfect subjunctive tense to make contrary-to-fact statements
- Comprehend sample conversations about jobs
1. Spanish Terms for Office Roles & Positions
This lesson walks you through a Spanish speaking office and introduces you to some employees and the roles they play. You also have a pronunciation guide for each new word, with the stressed syllable in capital letters.
2. Spanish Grammar: How to Use Subjunctive Tenses
In this lesson, we will learn how to know what subjunctive tense needs to be used according to when the actions occur. We will also practice some vocabulary about social life.
3. Using & Conjugating the Present Perfect Subjunctive in Spanish
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate and use the present perfect subjunctive in Spanish. We'll look at the difference between the present subjunctive and the present perfect subjunctive and practice some vocabulary about advertising.
4. Conjugations and Alternate Conjugations of the Imperfect Subjunctive in Spanish
This lesson introduces students to the imperfect, or past, subjunctive. Applying the concept to many useful verbs, we will study how to conjugate it in both the more common and less common forms.
5. Using the Imperfect Subjunctive in Spanish
This lesson presents the use of a very important verb form, the imperfect or past subjunctive. While it's very similar, in many ways, to the present subjunctive, the imperfect form also has some interesting, unique uses.
6. Forming the Conditional Tense in Spanish
This lesson covers how to conjugate verbs in the conditional tense in Spanish for both the regular and irregular verb forms and explains its two most common uses.
7. Using the Imperfect Subjunctive with the Conditional in Spanish
This lesson presents a unique combination of tenses, the imperfect subjunctive with the conditional, in order to form hypothetical 'if clauses.' It also reviews a common form of 'if clause' that employs the present tense.
8. Past Perfect Subjunctive Tense in Spanish
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate and use the past perfect subjunctive, and we will use some vocabulary about social life to examine this important part of Spanish grammar.
9. Spanish Practice Activity: Conversations About Jobs
You'll get a chance to speak in this lesson, as we apply the 'if clauses' and vocabulary of different professions to observe and practice conversations. Grammar includes the imperfect subjunctive, conditional, and present and future tenses.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 105: Spanish for the Workplace course
- Culture & Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Introductions & Salutations in Spanish
- Numbers & Payment in Spanish
- Customer Service in Spanish
- Appointments & Dates in Spanish
- Talking About Time in Spanish
- Professions in Spanish
- Office Buildings in Spanish
- Office Tasks & Errands in Spanish
- Expressing Preference in Spanish
- Leisure Activities in Spanish
- Spanish Terms for Technology
- Job Applications & Interviews in Spanish
- Business Communication in Spanish
- Work & Benefits in Spanish
- Negotiations & Meetings in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 105
- Studying for Spanish 105