About This Chapter
Office Tasks & Errands in Spanish - Chapter Summary
These short and effective Spanish lessons examine vocabulary related to office tasks and errands. The chapter also helps you apply common -AR verbs and formal/informal commands. As you work through the chapter, feel free to reach out to our instructors with questions. Practice quizzes are included to help you to ensure your understanding of these Spanish concepts. Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Recognize Spanish vocabulary for various business tasks, including taking messages, responding to clients, typing memos setting up meetings, etc.
- Use affirmative and negative commands formally and informally
- List and conjugate common -AR Spanish verbs, including estudiar, tocar and practicar
- Understand conversations about activities using -AR verbs
1. Office Administrative Tasks in Spanish
Daily administrative tasks in an office require clear communication between coworkers. This lesson provides you with Spanish prompts that go along with the most basic vocabulary for administrative tasks.
2. Formal Commands in Spanish: Affirmative & Negative
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate and use the formal commands in Spanish, including affirmative and negative commands. We will also practice vocabulary related to chores and errands.
3. Informal Commands in Spanish: Affirmative & Negative
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate and use the informal commands in Spanish, including affirmative and negative commands. We will also practice some vocabulary referring to chores and errands.
4. Common -AR Verbs in Spanish
-AR verbs! Spanish is full of them and conversing is impossible without them. Learn how to say study, dance, draw, walk, and much more, in this vocabulary lesson.
5. Conjugation of Regular -AR Verbs in Spanish
Hablar, estudiar, usar, bailar... I bet you can guess why we call them '-ar verbs.' Master the five -ar endings and learn how to conjugate and put sentences together in this lesson.
6. Talking About Activities: Practice Activity with -AR Verbs
-AR verb vocabulary and conjugations... There's a lot to practice! Put them together and quiz yourself with these reading and listening practice activities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 105: Spanish for the Workplace course
- Culture & Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Introductions & Salutations in Spanish
- Numbers & Payment in Spanish
- Customer Service in Spanish
- Appointments & Dates in Spanish
- Talking About Time in Spanish
- Professions in Spanish
- Office Buildings in Spanish
- Expressing Preference in Spanish
- Leisure Activities in Spanish
- Spanish Terms for Technology
- Job Applications & Interviews in Spanish
- Business Communication in Spanish
- Work & Benefits in Spanish
- Negotiations & Meetings in Spanish
- Office Roles & Positions in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 105
- Studying for Spanish 105