About This Chapter
Ohio APK Multi-Age: Learning Processes & Environments - Chapter Summary
Let us aid in your review of the learning process and types of learning as you study for the Ohio APK Multi-Age exam. These videos can help you correctly answer exam questions on the following topics:
- Classroom learning strategies
- Types of cognitive processes in learning
- Cooperative and collaborative learning in the classroom
- Adjustment problems in adolescence
- Middle/Secondary school counseling
- Bloom's taxonomy and assessments
- Types of special education
You can review these lessons on a computer, phone or tablet, whenever you have a few minutes to devote to study. Our instructors have developed informative and entertaining lessons, filled with examples to help you understand the concepts.
Objectives of the Ohio APK Multi-Age: Learning Processes & Environments Chapter
Ohio requires passing the APK Multi-Age exam as a condition for licensing to teach several subjects, including physical education, music and English to speakers of other languages. The exam is divided into three domains. Questions on the material covered in this chapter are in the Student Development and Learning domain, which makes up 24% of the exam's score.
The exam is computer delivered, and all questions in this domain are multiple choice. The quizzes that follow each of our video lessons are in this format, so taking them may give you an idea of what the exam will be like. The quizzes also afford an opportunity to assess your learning and see where you might need more study.
1. What is Learning? - Understanding Effective Classroom Strategies
We all learn new things every day, but how is 'learning' defined in educational psychology? This lesson covers the definition of learning, different types of learning, and discusses learning styles.
2. Cognitive Processes in Learning: Types, Definition & Examples
Explore the cognitive processes your brain is going through right now to learn information. We'll define key terms and discuss the two leading theories.
3. Cooperative and Collaborative Learning in the Classroom
It's extremely common for teachers to require students to work in groups. However, certain types of groups and activities are preferred over others. In this lesson, we define cooperative learning and discuss its advantages in the classroom. We also define collaborative learning and explain how it is different than cooperative learning.
4. Peers, Schools, and Adolescent Development
Adolescence is a time of change for most people. In this lesson, we'll look at the changes that occur in adolescence, including why peer groups become so important to teenagers and how school affects development.
5. Problems with Adjustment in Adolescence
Adolescence is a time of lots of changes, which can cause a lot of stress in a teen's life. In this lesson, we'll look at adjustment and maladaptive behaviors in adolescence, including how each manifests in teens' lives.
6. Life Situation Issues in Adolescence
Adolescence can be a difficult time, but some teens face life situations that can make it more difficult. Watch this lesson to find out how emancipation and part-time work affect adolescents' lives and the positives and negatives of each.
7. Counseling in Middle/Secondary Schools
How do middle and high school counselors guide their students? In this lesson, we're going to look into the different formats they use and how these benefit their students.
8. Bloom's Taxonomy and Assessments
Bloom's Taxonomy is a popular and extremely helpful tool that is used by most teachers. In this lesson, we'll discuss the original and revised Bloom's Taxonomy as well as how to use it in the classroom to assess learning and cognitive ability.
9. Impact of Parenting Styles on Different Styles of Learners
When you got in trouble as a child, how did your parents react? This lesson covers four different parenting styles identified in educational psychology, including authoritarian, authoritative, indulgent, and neglecting. Typical results from each parenting style are discussed in terms of children's behaviors, as well as application of the styles in a classroom environment.
10. Constructivism: Overview & Practical Teaching Examples
Learning through real-world experiences with others allows students to grow and understand things more easily. In this lesson, we'll examine constructivism in depth, including social learning, the zone of proximal development, and project-based learning.
11. Educating Students with Special Needs
In this lesson, we will explore how to educate students with special needs. We will specifically address how the educational needs of these students are best served if they are in a mainstream classroom being taught alongside their peers.
12. What Is Special Needs? - Definition, Types & Law
There are laws that protect individuals with special needs. This lesson will define special needs, identify the types of special needs, and the laws that protect the individuals.
13. Special Education: Definition, Types & Philosophy
Learn what special education is and the different types. Find out about the philosophy behind special education. Read the lesson and then take a brief quiz to test your knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Multi-Age (PK-12) APK (004): Practice & Study Guide course
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Early Childhood Development
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Language, Behavioral & Physical Development
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Middle Childhood Development
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Adolescent Cognitive & Physical Development
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Adolescent Sexual & Social Development
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Student Diversity
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Student Assessments
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Interpreting Assessment Data
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Curriculum Planning
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Instructional Approaches & Best Practices
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Classroom Motivation & Communication
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Classroom Management
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Family & Community Involvement
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Educator Professionalism
- Ohio APK Multi-Age: Education Oversight & Advancement
- OAE Multi-Age Assessment of Professional Knowledge Flashcards