About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Algebraic Expressions - Chapter Summary
Use this Ohio EOCE Algebra I test prep chapter to study the basic principles for solving algebraic expressions. In these informative lessons, instructors will explain common vocabulary terms used in algebra and guide you through the steps of solving algebraic expressions. Additionally, you'll examine:
- The definition of coefficients
- How to express relationships as algebraic expressions
- What constitutes a simple algebraic expression
- Square roots of perfect squares
Work at your own pace to thoroughly review the concepts demonstrated in each lesson, using the dashboard feature to track your progression through the course. Take advantage of all the resources provided in this chapter to adequately prepare for algebraic expressions questions on the Ohio EOCE Algebra I exam. These resources include multiple-choice lesson quizzes and a chapter exam that will help you assess your comprehension of the material. Additionally, each quiz has a printable worksheet which can be used as an offline study resource. Instructors are also always available to help you along.
1. Algebra Vocabulary Terms
Watch this video lesson to learn about some basic vocabulary words that you will come across again and again in the course of your studies in algebra. After you finish this video, you should know and be able to identify each term.
2. Coefficients: Definition & Concept
Coefficients come in different forms and can tell you many things about a graph. Learn more about coefficient in this lesson, and check your understanding with a quiz.
3. Expressing Relationships as Algebraic Expressions
What do you do when you don't know what a number is but you do know how it relates to something else? You use an algebraic expression. In this lesson, we'll learn how to express relationships as algebraic expressions.
4. Evaluating Simple Algebraic Expressions
In this lesson, we'll learn how to evaluate algebraic expressions, which involves substituting numbers for variables and following the order of operations. By the end of the lesson, you'll be an algebraic expression expert.
5. Evaluating Square Roots of Perfect Squares
Squares and square roots are inverse, or opposite, operations involving radicals. Learn how to determine the square root of perfect squares in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Exponents & Exponential Functions
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Polynomials & Binomials
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Rational Expressions & Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Systems of Equations & Matrices
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Sequences & Series
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I Flashcards