About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Inequalities - Chapter Summary
This chapter is filled with entertaining lessons you can use to boost your comprehension of linear inequalities as you prepare to take the Ohio EOCE - Algebra I exam. Review them as many times as needed to ensure you're prepared for the following on the day of the exam:
- Defining an inequality
- Showing how to solve linear inequalities
- Graphing 1- and 2-variable inequalities
- Demonstrating your comprehension of set notation, compound inequalities and systems of inequalities
- Exhibiting an ability to graph inequalities
- Solving and graphing an absolute inequality
You'll be surprised by the ease in which you can navigate the lessons in this chapter. After choosing your first lesson, simply scroll along the right-hand sidebar to select any other lesson to review in the sequence you desire. Lessons are accessible as both videos and full transcripts and feature short self-assessment quizzes designed to gauge your readiness to address linear inequalities on the exam. If you have questions about lesson topics in this chapter, feel free to submit them to our experts.
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. Solving Linear Inequalities: Practice Problems
Linear inequalities may look intimidating, but they're really not much different than linear equations. In this lesson, we'll practice solving a variety of linear inequalities.
3. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
4. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
5. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
6. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
7. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Algebraic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Exponents & Exponential Functions
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Polynomials & Binomials
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Rational Expressions & Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Systems of Equations & Matrices
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Sequences & Series
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I Flashcards