About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Polynomials & Binomials- Chapter Summary
In order to do well on the Ohio End of Course Exam (EOCE) covering algebra I, you will need to spend a good amount of time studying the subject of polynomials and binomials in algebra. This will be much easier if you use the study guides we have provided in this chapter. The chapter's lessons will teach you about necessary topics, such as:
- Polynomials, binomials and quadratics
- Adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials
- Dividing polynomials with long division
- Synthetic division with polynomials
- Remainder theorem and factor theorem
- Binomial theorem
- Zero analysis
The short lessons are taught by experienced instructors, who will go through each topic point-by-point to ensure that you understand everything. You can even ask them questions if you need more help. Also make sure to assess your understanding of some of the topics by taking the chapter's practice quizzes.
1. What are Polynomials, Binomials, and Quadratics?
What do polynomials, binomials, and quadratics have in common? What are their differences? How can you identify each of them? Watch this video lesson to find the answers.
2. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
Adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials are, basically, the same as adding, subtracting and multiplying numbers. They only difference is that we have a pesky variable to worry about, but this video will show you that's no problem, so no worries! This method has worked for many of my students, and I think it will work for you, too!
3. How to Divide Polynomials with Long Division
Arithmetic long division and polynomial long division are very similar. Yes, it's a long process, but once you have the rhythm you will get every problem correct!
4. How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
Synthetic division is a 'short-cut' way of dividing a polynomial by a monomial. You still need to know long division, sorry, but this method is way fun when you're dividing by a monomial!
5. Dividing Polynomials with Long and Synthetic Division: Practice Problems
Let's look at some more polynomial division problems. We will use long division and synthetic division, but this time we will have a couple of more involved problems. So, get out some paper and a pencil and let's begin!
6. Remainder Theorem & Factor Theorem: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the remainder theorem and the factor theorem. You will also learn how to use these theorems to find remainders and factors of polynomials.
7. What is the Binomial Theorem?
While the F.O.I.L. method can be used to multiply any number of binomials together, doing more than three can quickly become a huge headache. Luckily, we've got the Binomial Theorem and Pascal's Triangle for that! Learn all about it in this lesson.
8. Zero Analysis: Definition & Concept
Zero analysis is a way of figuring out the answers to certain functions. In this lesson, you will see how to find the zeroes of polynomial functions. Learn how synthetic division helps you out.
9. Using Rational & Complex Zeros to Write Polynomial Equations
In this lesson, you will learn how to write a polynomial function from its given zeros. You will learn how to follow a process that converts zeros into factors and then factors into polynomial functions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Algebraic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Exponents & Exponential Functions
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Rational Expressions & Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Systems of Equations & Matrices
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Sequences & Series
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I Flashcards