About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Sequences & Series - Chapter Summary
As you study for the Ohio EOCE - Algebra I exam, you might find yourself revisiting concepts you haven't explored in a while. To make sure you're ready for questions related to sequences and series, watch the video lessons in this chapter. In no time, you will be able to:
- Provide the definition of a mathematical sequence
- Find and classify an arithmetic and geometric sequence
- Calculate an arithmetic and geometric series
- Demonstrate your understanding of summation notation and mathematical series
This chapter ensures you're able to get up to speed with sequences and series concepts at a pace that works for you. Access lessons as videos or full transcripts any time, day or night. Before, during or after reviewing each lesson, feel free to take short quizzes to gauge your understanding of the subject matter. If you have questions about lesson topics, don't hesitate to send them to our experts. Also, take the more comprehensive chapter exam to reinforce concepts learned in the lessons.
1. What is a Mathematical Sequence?
Math is often the most fun when it acts like a puzzle to be solved. The branch of math where this is the most true involves sequences. Get an introduction to the basics and important vocabulary, as well as learn where sequences appear in nature!
2. How to Find and Classify an Arithmetic Sequence
Arithmetic sequences are everywhere, and with a few tricks you learn here, you could end up looking like a psychic the next time you go to a movie or a football game!
3. How to Calculate an Arithmetic Series
In this lesson, you'll learn how to sum up any arithmetic sequence without having to add up each and every term. You'll never guess the circumstances that led to the discovery of this marvelous formula.
4. Finding and Classifying Geometric Sequences
Want your YouTube video to get a lot of hits? Besides including a cute baby or an adorable cat, getting your video to have a big common ratio is the key. Learn what I'm talking about here!
5. Summation Notation and Mathematical Series
The capital Greek letter sigma might be most recognizable as a common symbol in a fraternity or sorority, but it's used for some pretty cool math tricks too. In this lesson, learn how to use sigma for things like determining how many seats are in Michigan Stadium.
6. How to Calculate a Geometric Series
If you're not satisfied with knowing how many views your YouTube video will get any one day and need to know how many total views you're getting, geometric series are for you! Learn more in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Algebraic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Linear Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Exponents & Exponential Functions
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Polynomials & Binomials
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Rational Expressions & Equations
- Ohio EOCE Algebra I: Systems of Equations & Matrices
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I Flashcards