About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Geometry: Rotations - Chapter Summary
If you are planning on taking the Ohio EOCE Geometry exam, it's a good idea to spend a portion of your study time brushing up on the subject of rotations in geometry. Fortunately for you, our helpful lessons will cover all information on this subject that you might need to know for the exam. The lessons in this chapter are each dedicated to a specific topic you might encounter on the exam itself, such as:
- Rotations, reflections, transformations, and dilation in math
- The definition, examples and terms of mathematical translations
- Shifting graphs on a plane
Once you've finished reviewing the lessons, you can assess your understanding of some of the topics by going through the practice quiz questions found within the chapter. Both the lessons and quizzes will provide you with a solid foundation for doing well on the Ohio EOCE Geometry exam itself!
1. Rotations in Math: Definition & Overview
A geometric rotation refers to the rotating of a figure around a center of rotation. This lesson will get you going on rotations, give you some examples, and end with a quiz that tests your knowledge of rotations.
2. What is Translation in Math? - Definition, Examples, & Terms
In mathematics, translation refers to moving an object without changing it in any other way. This lesson will describe how to translate an object and give some examples. A quiz will follow to test your knowledge.
3. Transformations in Math: Definition & Graph
In geometry, transformation refers to the movement of objects in the coordinate plane. This lesson will define and give examples of each of the four common transformations and end with a quiz to make sure you are moving in the right direction.
4. Transformations: How to Shift Graphs on a Plane
What is a transformation? Well, it's something that transforms one function into another! To see what I mean and how that looks, check out this lesson!
5. Reflections in Math: Definition & Overview
A reflection of an object is a 'flip' of that object across a line. This lesson will describe the basics of reflection, how to recognize one and how to create one.
6. Dilation in Math: Definition & Meaning
Dilations are transformations that change figures in specific ways. Learn about these changes and how to complete dilations here. Then test your understanding with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Geometry: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Foundations
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Lines & Angles
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Congruence
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Logic in Mathematics
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Properties of Triangles
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Theorems & Proofs
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Similar Shapes
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Introduction to Trigonometry
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Circular Arcs & Circles
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Geometric Properties with Equations
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Quadrilaterals
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Geometric Solids
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Analytical Geometry
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: 3D Shapes
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Modeling
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Geometry Flashcards