About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Geometry: Theorems & Proofs - Chapter Summary
If you want to do well on the Ohio End of Course Exam (EOCE) on Geometry, it's a good idea to brush up on your understanding of geometric theorems and proofs. To this end, our instructive lessons will provide you with comprehensive study guides on every topic related to this subject that you might need to know. When you go through this chapter, you'll find lively video lessons on topics such as:
- Explanation and examples of the converse of a statement
- Proof and example of the perpendicular bisector theorem
- Proof and example of the angle bisector theorem
- The definition and application of direct proofs
- The definition and format of geometric proofs
The chapter also contains practice quiz questions that will be extremely helpful in assessing your understanding of some of these topics. Taken as a whole, the lessons and quizzes in this chapter will help you get comfortable with both the content and format of the Ohio EOCE.
1. Converse of a Statement: Explanation and Example
Just because a conditional statement is true, is the converse of the statement always going to be true? In this lesson, we'll learn the truth about the converse of statements.
2. Perpendicular Bisector Theorem: Proof and Example
Perpendicular bisectors are multifunctional lines. They're not only perpendicular to the line in question, they also neatly divide it into two equal halves. In this lesson, we'll learn about the perpendicular bisector theorem.
3. Angle Bisector Theorem: Proof and Example
The angle bisector theorem sounds almost too good to be true. In this lesson, we set out to prove the theorem and then look at a few examples of how it's used.
4. Direct Proofs: Definition and Applications
In math, we can't explain that something is true just because. That's not enough. In this lesson, we'll learn to prove things using one of our most straightforward tools, the direct proof.
5. Geometric Proofs: Definition and Format
Do you have something to prove? Can you explain why? In this lesson, we'll learn all about geometric proofs, including the parts that comprise a proof.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Geometry: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Foundations
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Lines & Angles
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Rotations
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Congruence
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Logic in Mathematics
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Properties of Triangles
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Similar Shapes
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Introduction to Trigonometry
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Circular Arcs & Circles
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Geometric Properties with Equations
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Quadrilaterals
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Geometric Solids
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Analytical Geometry
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: 3D Shapes
- Ohio EOCE - Geometry: Modeling
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Geometry Flashcards