About This Chapter
Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Math - Chapter Summary
The complexities of math can range from simple addition to complex quadratic equations. In this chapter, you'll review basic mathematical principles to determine such things as to how find the prime factorization of a number, and how to determine the greatest common factor or least common multiple. You'll also prepare for the Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I exam by practicing how to identify and solve:
- Different types of numbers
- Arithmetic calculations with signed and whole numbers
- The order of operations
Thoroughly review each concept covered, then practice what you've learned using the lesson quizzes and more comprehensive chapter exam. These assessments will help you identify any areas you may need to re-examine to ensure you are fully prepared for the Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I exam. You can print out the quiz worksheets to continue studying offline as well. Instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have.
1. What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Learn all of the different types of numbers: natural numbers, whole numbers, integers, rational numbers, irrational numbers, and real numbers. This video lesson teaches you how to classify any numbers you come across.
2. Arithmetic with Whole Numbers
There are four basic mathematical operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. These four operations are used in a wide range of everyday skills and are the fundamental blocks of arithmetic.
3. Arithmetic Calculations with Signed Numbers
Signed numbers are often referred to as integers. Integers include both positive and negative numbers. In this lesson, you will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
4. What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples
The order of operations is the steps used to simplify any mathematical expression. In this video, learn how to solve problems using these steps and easy tricks to remember them.
5. How to Find the Prime Factorization of a Number
The prime factorization of a number involves breaking that number down to its smallest parts. This lesson will show you two different ways to discover the prime factorization of any number.
6. How to Find the Greatest Common Factor
If the factors of a number are the different numbers that you can multiply together to get that original number, then the greatest common factor of two numbers is just the biggest one that both have in common. See some examples of what I'm talking about here!
7. How to Find the Least Common Multiple
The least common multiple of two numbers is the smallest number that can be divided evenly by your two original numbers. See some examples of what I'm talking about here!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Decimals & Percents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Inequalities
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Solving Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Systems of Linear Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Distributing Terms in Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponents
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Polynomials
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rational Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: FOIL & Quadratic Equations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Functions Overview
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Matrices & Absolute Value
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Square Roots
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Basic Algebra
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Rotations
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Foundations of Geometry
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Theorems & Proofs
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Complex Numbers
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Exponential & Logarithmic Expressions
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Factorials & Binomial Theory
- Ohio EOCE Integrated Math I: Sequences & Series
- Ohio End of Course Exam - Integrated Math I Flashcards